Kindercare Preschool Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Preschool Teacher Interview Questions

2.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Was 45 minute interview and it went well. The director was super nice. I got a tour that same day. She showed me the class I will be in and introduced me to other teachers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

In the interview, it was a very relaxed environment. We were in the director's office where I sat with her as she asked me the normal questions. The director put emphasis on how I responded to all of Kindercare's promises to parents like relationships with parents and students, etc.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the question that were asked had to do with Kindercare's "promises" to parents. The director asked me how I would follow up with these promises or how I would enable them to happen - such as how I would build meaningful relationships with students and families, how I would bring up a problem with students, etc.   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Typical for a teaching position; asked questions in regards to some child development theory, limit-setting and role modeling, how you work in a team and if you feel comfortable with a 1:12 ratio. The interview took no longer than twenty minutes, with both the center director and assistant director.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Brooklyn Park, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

quick and easy only a few questions and background review. ONE ON ONE set up and it was very informal and relaxing no real pressure at all. They do really look for engaged and enthusiastic people that actually have a real passion for working with children. Also make sure to be very prepared and ready to answer questions about work history and accomplishments as well.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in August 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took an hour, they asked questions about my interest in the position, what my best qualities are, etc. They went on to ask hypothetical situations such as "What would you do if a toddler was throwing a fit? What if a parents had complaints? How would you handle a school-aged child swearing?" They then showed me around the building and introduced me to the kids. After the interview they admitted that their open positions would not work with my school schedule, but they sent my information to other locations they considered "good" around the area. I got a call the next week from one of these other locations saying I was "highly recommended" and they wanted me to start ASAP. I went in the next day to meet with this new team. The location manager had explained that I have the job, it's just a matter of corporate approving of the offer. Both locations seemed to have a lack of communication with each other and with corporate. I am still waiting on the official offer, but they seemed to be willing to work with me on my school schedule (I am a graduate student taking night classes) and my wage requirements (12.50/hour). Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child fell off the slide on the playground?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair but it doesn't look like a real job fair. Not many people came also. I was there on time but they didn't set up yet. The interview was brief. However , it is better prepare it. The director was very nice. She said I will get contact within a week. It is 4 days now. Finger crossing.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in January 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting online and submitted my resume and cover letter, then it was forwarded onto another location. The interview was set up the next day for a few days later. I had already interviewed earlier in the year with a different location so the process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with Center Director and Assistant Director, then went into the classroom and got to spend time with the kids. I was offered the job before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when things don't go as planned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was. I told them what I was looking for in salary and they came back with something in that range.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rocky Hill, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was fine. To be honest my in class interview was crazy, there were 20 children which I wasn't expecting because while 2:20 is state ratio most employers realize that's too stressful but not these people. The girl interviewing me was overly friendly and very pre occupied with other things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just said what I wanted

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Roseville, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I saw a posting online, I walked in to get a paper application from the assistant director and returned it that same day. A few days later I got a call to fill out the online application, then to come in for an interview. In between the OL app and interview, I got an email to fill out a personality quiz. The interview was super easy (if you have experience with children in a large group setting), and she took me on a tour afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question
    • A child bit another child. How would you handle this situation and how would you explain to the parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Loveland, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, and got a call the very next day. The interview process involved many, if not only scenario based questions. If you have had experience in this type of setting, you have nothing to worry about. After the interview, I was taken through all the classrooms to meet the other teachers. I was called for a 2nd interview within a few days. Because I was not looking for immediate employment, I was able to schedule the 2nd interview a couple of weeks later.
    The second interview was much like the 1st, however, the questions caused for more thought (Tell me a time when...). The 2nd interview was on a Friday and I was called on Monday with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable with, and how you grew from that experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a job offer, but I am currently debating on whether or not to accept it.