Kindercare Teacher Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview with Sherah was incredible. She made it comfortable to open up and talk about myself, my past experiences, as well as my my future experiences. I am beyond excited to get start my career with KinderCare

Interview Questions

• If you and a coworker had a disagreement while class is going on how would you handle it?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the Center Director a couple of days later. We talked for about 10 minutes about my education and experience with children, and I was then asked to come in.

A couple of days later, I interviewed with a member of management. After discussing desired hours and pay, I was then taken to the classrooms so that I could observe and interact with the children.

Even though there were separate classrooms for the kindergarteners and school-agers, there were 30+ kids from both age groups all squeezed into one room together. I immediately noticed the teacher's worn-out appearance. She was friendly and answered my questions, but she was barely able to catch her breath in between mopping the floor, cleaning up the younger kids' art supplies, and trying to serve a meal. The assistant just stood around and even failed to notice that one of the children was crying. Upon leaving the room to continue the interview, I observed several managers chitchatting in the hallway.

I asked my interviewer several more questions about the child/teacher ratio and how disciplinary issues are handled. She was straightforward and honest with her answers, but then she started describing additional duties and responsibilities that were not listed in the original job description, such as driving the center bus and fixing broken toilets. These things are certainly not beneath me, but it would have been nice to know about them before wages were negotiated.

Aside from interacting with the sweet children, the experience did not give me a good impression of the company. I had read the deplorable reviews on here and other sites beforehand, but I tried going in with an open mind and the hopes that maybe this center was different. It wasn't. I declined my offer because, as much as I want to help children learn and grow, I have no desire to be a part of a company who severely undervalues and underpays their hardworking employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to drive the center bus to take children to and from school?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor communication skills from recruiter. Originally missed our scheduled phone interview. She then called me out of the blue 4 days later and requested an in person interview. She asked me to call back later that day. I called back and was followed by no response, instead an email stating they were no longer interested in interviewing me.

Very poor communication. Why would I want to work for a company that does this? No longer interested. Not even phased.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was about an hour and i discussed my level of experience was asked about the items listed on my resume the person was very sweet and explained everything to me. I got hired the same day

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview a couple days after submitting my resume online. At the interview I was asked some questions by the director related to how I would handle certain situations and then I sat in on the PreK class for about an hour and a half. The only thing that I was assigned to do in that hour and a half was to help the students print their names on their cubby labels. I made sure that I interacted with the kids while they were doing carpet time. If they were fooling around I asked them to pay attention.when the teacher had the kids stand up and do I song I sang along.

Interview Questions

• How does a child learn best? And they gave three options.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Aurora, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview through email. Went for interview in front of 2 members of management team. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. I was asked situational questions. I felt relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is an important aspect of teaching children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with Leah for my interview at the Kindercare located on Zorn Avenue. She asked me a variety of questions including where I go to school, my major, my availability, and about my future experience with children.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I was available to work with considering I am a current college student. I would recommend to others to finish all of the online assessment as soon as possible if they are looking to get a job as quickly as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kindercare (Ormond Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very detailed, interviewer was very polite. Staff was friendly. Had a tour of facility, and met the children. Planning was explained in detail and they background of Kinder Care was also explained.

Interview Questions

• Years working with children   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Fairly easy and very friendly. Management was very professional and clear about their expectations and very knowledgeable about their center and how its run. Was given a whole explanation of what a work day is like and how the employee family operates. They were very communicative throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rohnert Park, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Ask you certain senerios and how you would handle those situations. Then they have you tour the center and different classrooms to show you how every day life in teh center is like and that is pretty much it until they call you in for a possible second interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with a teacher how would I handle it?   1 Answer