Kindercare Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Teacher Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.2

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Contacted by phone and set up interview date with center director. Received interview and tour of the center from center director. CD took me to the classroom I would be hired for and observed my interactions and comfort level with the kids before completing the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in later that day. I was asked if I was available for an interview right on the spot. I was asked a series of questions and immediately got the job pending on a background test.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in January 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied online on indeed and received an email the following day about scheduling an interview and filling in their online application. I completed the online application and questionnaire as requested by the company. Afterwards, I went to the scheduled in person interview and it was a mess, I arrived on time and they had me wait for over twenty minutes to be seen. I was then introduced to the director of the location that was hiring, the director of another location, and the director of multiple locations. The interview was very uncomfortable since I had to sit in front of three people for a few minutes, than the director of the branch just left mid interview and I had no idea who was considering me for the opening. They only asked a couple of questions that didn't seem relevant to the position. Furthermore, the director was extremely loud for some reason, so my ears really hurt after the interview. They never went into details about the salary or hourly wage but, they asked me what I was looking for, and it seemed that they weren't willing to pay it, so I didn't know why it didn't end there. Instead, they asked if I was interested in another position than had me sit for another half a hour to speak with the director. Finally, the director came out, only to ask me if I filled out the application, and I responded with a confirmation of yes, than the director proceeded to tell me that he would look over it and get back to me tomorrow. Honestly, after the experience I had with them, it left a bad taste in my mouth, so as soon as I heard back from the director; I was brutally honest that I didn't appreciate the way I was treated in the interview and it wouldn't be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Buena Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

fair, details. Friendly and check with previous employers. Very thorough process. Very informative and detail about the working environment and expectation. Tour the campus and get a feeling of what it would be if teach at this location. Supportive and friendly staff and director

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After applying Online, I received a call to meet ASAP. There was a short meeting with the director and assistant director with basic questions and then a quick tour. High turnover rate and always hiring to some degree.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of how and why you started in childcare. Why you are interested in education or certain age groups.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Columbia, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy and lasted about an hour. I met with the director of the center and we spoke about my experience, what I wanted to get out of this job, what the pay and benefits would be, etc. This interview was not indicative of my extremely negative experience at this job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between two children?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

(this is the same for all companies under the same larger umbrella organization) Received a tour of the grounds. Standard questions were asked about experience, teaching philosophy, and salary expectations. I submitted online through a site like glassdoor/indeed, and after a couple weeks received a call from a recruiter. The phone interview was longer than the in person interview, but both were relatively easy as long as you have experience working with kids and can provide examples of situations you've encountered, and how you handled difficult and stressful situations with children and parents. After the in person interview I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The director interviewed me, but it was probably the least professional interview I've ever had. I didn't learn anything about the school and their philosophy. When I asked questions, she skirted around them. While she was nice, I only learned that they do an initial interview and an hour observation with you interacting with the children occasionally.

Was not a fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milford, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very easy and fast. I was only asked 5-4 questions and they were all about how I would deal with the children. It was pretty casual and I think it was just to get o know me better. When I asked about the company the interviewer told me a lot more about the position. I have a second interview in about a week, this one to see how I am with the children. So we shall see how it goes.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

must have all clearances,long and drawn out, be prepared to not start right away. Very straight forward, easy interview. director very clear on role you will take, shows you around center and then takes you to see your room and meet your co-teacher. all in all a good interview experience.