Kindercare Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.3

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Had an interview with the director, who asked several questions, to see if I was a right fit for her center. She asked about my experience, and also what would I add to her center as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why did I work in childcare?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

casual and very good at having a over view of what they were offering you at the job, made sure to ask questions on how you would deal with different types of situations with the children

Interview Questions

• how often do you think you could keep the parents informed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Felt very comfortable... felt like they tried to get to know me as a person. Asked questions that were relevant to the job but weren't difficult. Wanted to know a lot about my experience and education background.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to this opportunity at KinderCare   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview, then I got an in person interview. I went in for the interview that they had first scheduled for me, but when I got there, no one was there for me to have the interview. They told me that the head of the Kindercare that I was interviewing at had a meeting and could no longer meet with me and she simply forgot to call me and let me know. So I had to reschedule after I had driven all the way to Dallas for the initial interview. Then when I actually had the interview, they basically told me I was overqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with kids.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Puyallup, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and receive an email and called for a Phone interview, online test and in person interview. The entire process took about 5 days. Several questions with director of center in regards to situations present in the classroom. Great offer, but didn't accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a child with challenging behavior?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Contacted by phone and set up interview date with center director. Received interview and tour of the center from center director. CD took me to the classroom I would be hired for and observed my interactions and comfort level with the kids before completing the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in later that day. I was asked if I was available for an interview right on the spot. I was asked a series of questions and immediately got the job pending on a background test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in January 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied online on indeed and received an email the following day about scheduling an interview and filling in their online application. I completed the online application and questionnaire as requested by the company. Afterwards, I went to the scheduled in person interview and it was a mess, I arrived on time and they had me wait for over twenty minutes to be seen. I was then introduced to the director of the location that was hiring, the director of another location, and the director of multiple locations. The interview was very uncomfortable since I had to sit in front of three people for a few minutes, than the director of the branch just left mid interview and I had no idea who was considering me for the opening. They only asked a couple of questions that didn't seem relevant to the position. Furthermore, the director was extremely loud for some reason, so my ears really hurt after the interview. They never went into details about the salary or hourly wage but, they asked me what I was looking for, and it seemed that they weren't willing to pay it, so I didn't know why it didn't end there. Instead, they asked if I was interested in another position than had me sit for another half a hour to speak with the director. Finally, the director came out, only to ask me if I filled out the application, and I responded with a confirmation of yes, than the director proceeded to tell me that he would look over it and get back to me tomorrow. Honestly, after the experience I had with them, it left a bad taste in my mouth, so as soon as I heard back from the director; I was brutally honest that I didn't appreciate the way I was treated in the interview and it wouldn't be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Buena Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

fair, details. Friendly and check with previous employers. Very thorough process. Very informative and detail about the working environment and expectation. Tour the campus and get a feeling of what it would be if teach at this location. Supportive and friendly staff and director

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After applying Online, I received a call to meet ASAP. There was a short meeting with the director and assistant director with basic questions and then a quick tour. High turnover rate and always hiring to some degree.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of how and why you started in childcare. Why you are interested in education or certain age groups.   Answer Question