Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.4

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the nursing recruiter. Scheduled an interview for that week. The interview was easy and in a relaxed environment. The tour gave me the chance to see what a great place Kindred is for new grads wanting to gain experience. Kindred is a wonderful place and the staff is very welcoming.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Fairly quick. Asked about my experience and why I wanted to work for the company. What shift i was interested in. Staff seems to be a great group of people to work with. Also asked how soon I could start.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Tomball, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Really informative. Interview was very thorough. I enjoyed myself. The interview manager was extremely knowledgeable in all areas of nursing. The staff seams helpful of one another. I truly believe that I will learn new skills as well as utilizing the skills I already have.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle workplace gossip/drama?   1 Answer

Occupational Therapy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got call back within 3 days. Phone Interview was very short and to the point. If all goes well, you get forwarded to a manager for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer
    • What style/approach would you use to educate a patient?   Answer Question

Dietary Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Ontario, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. He informed me of the hiring process and asked questions such as my past job experiences. Basically informed of the tasks of the job.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. It was a bit nerve wrecking because it was my first experience. However, remained calm. Answered truthfully. I normally don’t interview well. But the manager made it quite caking and less nerve wrecking. Simple questions like how would you respond to an upset Family member. What would you do if the nurse assistant would not assist? How would you handle the situation?

Interview Questions

• Why is it that nurses do not like cleaning up patients After they’ve been working as a nurse for a while?   Answer Question

CL Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Lengthy process, but thorough. Multiple in person meetings and phone calls with various levels of management. The waiting to hear back was a bit nerve wracking. The process lasted approx 6 weeks before I began.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge to overcome in a previous role?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

records review of all aspects of education, training, background, and professionalism. physical and drug screening conducted and job expectations discussed. most times they do not negotiate salary. that means they shouldn't expect top candidates to apply. Most of their Nursing management has Asdociate Degree Nurses leading that department. this results in conflicts with expectations between work and home.

Interview Questions

• are you availanle 24 hours a day 7 days a week?   1 Answer

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

After they rescheduled for the 4th time I thought I was good to go. Nope. I arrived 20 minutes early and was asked to reschedule for later in the afternoon. I was told that the HR person and the nurse manager wanted to attend my interview and they were not available until 3:30PM! They had over a week to reconcile their agendas to be at this interview. The questions I asked were met with "I have no idea" or "I really don't know". Here's a hint on how to answer those questions you don't know, tell the interviewee "I don't know but I will find out for you" or even "I don't have that information but can get it and get back to you." Also, don't tell the interviewee how great YOU are and what you've accomplished. I seriously had no idea what this interviewer thought he was doing but I can assure you, it was not conducting an interview. They never even reviewed my resume and argued with me when I told them that. They should do their homework on prospective employees. At the very least, review the resume and the prospective employees credentials. People know where they live. Don't argue about it.

Interview Questions

• So, you really live here? You don't just stay here? You live at this address not just stay there?   1 Answer
    • Are you sure you're not a BSN? We're really looking for a BSN.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Applied online for RN position, and received a phone call from recruiter 4 days later. Recruiter asked basic questions about experience and verified the position, then scheduled me for an on-site interview. Interview took approximately 30 minutes and included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you looking at working at a LTAC.   1 Answer