Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview after applying online. The interviewer was friendly and answered all of my questions. She gave me the next steps then confirmed an in-person interview. It was a good experience.

RN/Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I attended a Hiring Event. I thought I would obtain more information about Kindred, chat with some of the managers, RNs, etc.. but actually was set up as interviews. I was lucky enough to interview with the Director of Nursing. She was so welcoming and open. I enjoyed our conversation. Because that is what it felt like: a conversation. It was easy. Yes, there were interview questions, as well as a test post completion of interview, but it was nothing at all what I'd expected. when I walked first walked in.

All of the staff was cheery and happy to answer questions. I also received a tour of the facility and introduced to any managers, social workers, etc that were in the area.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an irritated/rude physician or a frustrated family member   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Garden Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 2 days late for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the Program Director and was considered the main interview before offer was given in Garden Grove, CA.

Interview Questions

• Resume overview especially related to clinical experience since I am a recent graduate.   1 Answer

Certified Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my skills, experience, my hours to work, how well do I work with others and how often I called in sick, the typical questions in overall it was not a bad experience

Home Health RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Towson, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two clinical managers, very cordial. I received a signal though towards the end of the interview I was not a good candidate because the main interviewer began to fold my resume at two corners, then in half and continued to fold into a small rectangular. That was very interesting. Later that evening the recruiter sent me a very nice email my credential were very impressive but they were pursuing another candidate!

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in home care?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any problems working in any zip codes in the city?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Went to a job fair/open house. Met with current job holder and corporate recruiter. Both made a lot of my qualifications and I was told by the recruiter to stay in touch; she would help steer my application through the process. I asked for a second interview to meet with my direct manager. Turns out no one at this location is permanent management staff; everything is in transition, which struck me as a red flag given that this is a completely new facility. I didn’t hear back from anyone after my second interview, except for an email response saying I wasn’t selected—for a position I didn't apply for. I have no idea now what went on behind the scenes and the web site still shows my application as active for the two positions I applied for.

Interview Questions

• So many questions about handling problem personnel; obviously there is a company sore spot. Very few questions about my clinical skills. Very little opportunity to ask detailed questions about the organization, benefits, etc. All I got is the job descriptions and pay rate for one of the positions. No health insurance coverage for 90 days. Not much of an incentive to jump on board with a Fortune 500 company.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Brea, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter the same week. Set up an interview, but the interviewer changed the time the day of because she would have been on overtime. Interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time you were an innovator in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you identify a patient you will draw blood on?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Denver, CO).

Interview

went on line filled out application, was called in for interview with chief clinical officer. was called back for second interview and hired on the spot. filled out paper work and started within a week

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview. This executive recruiter was uninterested and going through the motions. Was amazed that someone in this first-contact role would act this way, it was a turn-off to the entire organization for me. Yes, they may have just been having a bad day; but then they should have been professional enough to know that, and either change their attitude, or delay an interview. What does this say about the culture that allowed this person to be in this important role to begin with?

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted online and waited 2 weeks for an interview. The panel was very pleasant and welcoming. Their questions were pretty standard. After the interview, I was given an offer 2 hours after.