Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2018

2.4

1. Featured Interview

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the nursing recruiter. Scheduled an interview for that week. The interview was easy and in a relaxed environment. The tour gave me the chance to see what a great place Kindred is for new grads wanting to gain experience. Kindred is a wonderful place and the staff is very welcoming.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview for a two month contract and hired on full time after 9 months of working.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was unemployed at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Allentown, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Done by department staff, given a brief tour of facility and opportunity to interact with SNF residents, staff seemed more eager to hire than the manager, later learned of and experienced staffing shortages which were the underlying reason for this. Out of necessity staff tend to be highly resilient and self directed.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Ocala, FL).

Interview

very easy as they wanted someone ASAP, so it was easy going. However was asked few questions about types of pts they have and if I am comfortable with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do negotiate more.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy phone interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone told you that another therapist lied about treating a patient?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Named my price and that was it

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Garden Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted 2 days late for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the Program Director and was considered the main interview before offer was given in Garden Grove, CA.

Interview Questions

• Resume overview especially related to clinical experience since I am a recent graduate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenbrae, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenbrae, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Excellent interview with high;y skilled and experienced supervisor who is extremely knowledgable and helpful in answering questions. Tour of the facility, meetings with staff members, review of a typical day, opportunity to ask questions, discuss wages and benefits package. Facility associated with Kaiser Permanent health benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at that facility?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2012.

Interview

Was Hired on with company merging to this company,

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Rehab manager made me feel welcomed. Was given a tour of facility and all employees were friendly. Emphasis was made on teamwork and felt like a family in the rehab department.

Interview Questions

• What area did I feel comfortable in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (La Jolla, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter first. We set up an interview to meet w/ the Director of the Rehab program. After we took a tour of the facilities where I was explained where and how the job takes place. I waited for 2 weeks approximately to hear back from them and I was later contacted by email to let me know I have been chosen. I spoke with the recruiter to review benefits and compensation package. I reviewed the docs, E-signed them. Went back to the facility for a drug test. And I'm on board!!

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Mansfield, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

A recruiter set me up for the interview. I receive a call from them because my PTA class was about to graduate. It was relatively easy. I don't clearly remember the process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was the DOR at the time. She knew I was a new graduate, entry level. She asked me if I liked the acute setting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter gave me 3 days to accept their offer. I was interviewing at several other places, of course. I asked for a week to consider; it also happened that Memorial Day weekend was approaching; The recruiter hemmed and hawed and told me that my request was very irregular, and that if they hadn't heard from me within the 3 day period the job would have to be re-posted.
    I didn't think I was being unreasonable, so I took my chances. I ended up accepting their offer.