Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Appeals and Denial Nurse Interview

Interview

Was contacted via email to set up interview. The day of I got an email saying the person whom was interviewing me was sick. I rescheduled. I get to the interview and in less than 1 minute of reviewing my background the interviewer instantly stated there was a concern that I don't have the proper background. Then she took a phone call. The interview was maybe 5 minutes. It's frustrating that the recruiter thought that I was even a candidate when I clearly wasn't. Such a waste of time and preperation.

Director, Quality Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter via LinkedIn to understand level of interest. After resume submitted, assigned to another recruiter for phone interview. The phone interviewer asked canned set of questions very quickly and didn't seem to care about answer at all. It was apparent the goal of the phone interview was for recruiter to provide a group of potential candidates without any duty to evaluate.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently still employed ?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

One of their talents acquisition managers contacted me that my resume and experience fits the jobs offered at Kindred. Too bad, the area he is handling is an hour away from me or another long term facility that I am not interested to apply to. He gave me the number of the recruiter in charge for the transitional care hospital I am interested in. I spoke with the recruiter and told me that my resume and qualifications are fit for the job that they are hiring for in the night shift. She scheduled me an interview with the CCO four days from the day we interviewed on the phone. During my interview with the CCO, I was asked about my nursing experiences (I have varied experience both in the US and outside the country). In the end, he told me he could not hire me or if he would, it would be a lot of job for him because my qualifications and credentials are not what they are looking for! It has been a waste of time for me to attend an interview, if only they have a more coordinated recruitment process. They would reach out to you to inform you that you are a fit for the role then on the actual interview process will tell you the opposite. Based on connections and colleagues who got hired and rejected, I am confused as to what really are the "credentials and experience" they are looking for.

Certified Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my skills, experience, my hours to work, how well do I work with others and how often I called in sick, the typical questions in overall it was not a bad experience

Home Health RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Towson, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two clinical managers, very cordial. I received a signal though towards the end of the interview I was not a good candidate because the main interviewer began to fold my resume at two corners, then in half and continued to fold into a small rectangular. That was very interesting. Later that evening the recruiter sent me a very nice email my credential were very impressive but they were pursuing another candidate!

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in home care?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any problems working in any zip codes in the city?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Went to a job fair/open house. Met with current job holder and corporate recruiter. Both made a lot of my qualifications and I was told by the recruiter to stay in touch; she would help steer my application through the process. I asked for a second interview to meet with my direct manager. Turns out no one at this location is permanent management staff; everything is in transition, which struck me as a red flag given that this is a completely new facility. I didn’t hear back from anyone after my second interview, except for an email response saying I wasn’t selected—for a position I didn't apply for. I have no idea now what went on behind the scenes and the web site still shows my application as active for the two positions I applied for.

Interview Questions

• So many questions about handling problem personnel; obviously there is a company sore spot. Very few questions about my clinical skills. Very little opportunity to ask detailed questions about the organization, benefits, etc. All I got is the job descriptions and pay rate for one of the positions. No health insurance coverage for 90 days. Not much of an incentive to jump on board with a Fortune 500 company.   Answer Question

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview. This executive recruiter was uninterested and going through the motions. Was amazed that someone in this first-contact role would act this way, it was a turn-off to the entire organization for me. Yes, they may have just been having a bad day; but then they should have been professional enough to know that, and either change their attitude, or delay an interview. What does this say about the culture that allowed this person to be in this important role to begin with?

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online at the Kindred Web page. After 2 weeks the Corporate Talent Acquisition specialist from Kentucky phoned me. Unfortunately I missed the call. her voice mail message left her number and said to call back. I did, 3 times. No reply. Very unprofessional, not to mention discourteous.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Brea, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The people who I had the interview did not embody the mission of the organization....sad to say but they were condescending. I was not valued as candidate. No EQ from these people that represents the organization, especially from the woman. I wonder what it feels like to be the patient in this place. Please keep in mind that everyone who comes into the door is a potential customer; that's what I learned from years of experience in healthcare. Guys please value people that you are interviewing. We work healthcare after all.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me, did a phone screen and sent a personality assessment all within an hour. The assessment was a quick two page thing that took 5 minutes.
     Next step, FaceTime interview with the hiring manager. The FaceTime was the most unprofessional "interview" I have ever been part of. The manager was 15 minutes late, riding shotgun in a reps car and clearly was unprepared. It was a glimpse into how chaotic their management style is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales style.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the sales cycle in your previous position.   1 Answer