Kindred Healthcare RN NURSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare RN NURSE Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1:1. Just the nurse director and me, in her office. She had a very bubbly personality, easy going. She read question from a sheet of paper. Review my resume and asked 3 situation question. She review the hiring process and explained the incentive that kindred provide nursing staff. 15 mins after the interview the nurse recruiter call to offer me a position!

RN Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenbrae, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and the recruiter called the next day to schedule for an interview. The interview itself was very relaxed. I arrived early, however the interview did not start on time. The Director of Nursing Service was friendly and asked very basic questions. The Staff Development Coordinator was there to ask basic resume questions. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and ended with a tour of the facility

Registered Nurse New Grad Interview

Interview

It took 1 month to hear back from them. By then I had forgotten I applied to the job. Nurse recruiter called in the afternoon and did a random phone screening out of the blue.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2016.

Interview

New Graduate Nurse position (Med/Surg/ICU) at the open house: receptionist and recruiter welcomed you, signed you in and made a file for you. Nursing Supervisor met with each person individually. Everyone was very approachable and made you feel welcomed.

The interview process was very pleasant for me, took about 15 mins, more like 2 people conversating about work, nursing values and experiences rather than questions/answers type.

I made sure I let the interviewer know what I was looking for (positions, organizations, values) and how I would positively contribute to their hospital.

Registered Nurse Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended an open house interview. I was interviewed briefly by nurse manager. I received a call for a job offer two days later. The interview was straight-forward and the manager was very pleasant. She first confirmed I graduated with a BSN.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      2. Why choose nursing?
      3. Do you know what is LTAC?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      She really didn't ask any probing or touch questions, such as what is your weakness? How are you going to handle emergency situation? Tell me about an error you made and how did you fix it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fidst they conducted an over the phone preliminary interview with their recruiter, then I had a face to face interview with the Director of nursing services. I was then administered a drug test. They then performed a criminal background check and Registered Nurse license verification and verification of eligablity for employment in the U.S. Once all that was completed the final step was for them to call and check/verify all my references I listed.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a patient was upset.   Answer Question
    • What would I do if a CNA is complainin about their patient assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was seamless. I interviewed with both the nurse manager and nurse supervisor. They each told me about themselves and the facility. I asked questions regarding nurse to patient ratio and orientation on the floor. I was also given a tour of the facility. Everyone was welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with what they offered after researching starting rate for new RN grad with ASN degree.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, received a call 2 days later from a recruiter. I was offered the job the same day of my interview. The interview was straight forward and the manager was vey pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing for a career?
      How would you handle a difficult patient/family member?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself...
      Answer Question

Negotiation

New nurse no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Open House for jobs, everyone was welcoming and friendly. I received a self-guided tour because the receptionist gave me the wrong directions to the interview reception area, the facility was clean and well lit. Interviewed with the ADON and then the DON. They shared a little bit about themselves, professionally, and explained about the open position within the organization.