Kindred Healthcare RN NURSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview after applying online. The interviewer was friendly and answered all of my questions. She gave me the next steps then confirmed an in-person interview. It was a good experience.

RN/Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I attended a Hiring Event. I thought I would obtain more information about Kindred, chat with some of the managers, RNs, etc.. but actually was set up as interviews. I was lucky enough to interview with the Director of Nursing. She was so welcoming and open. I enjoyed our conversation. Because that is what it felt like: a conversation. It was easy. Yes, there were interview questions, as well as a test post completion of interview, but it was nothing at all what I'd expected. when I walked first walked in.

All of the staff was cheery and happy to answer questions. I also received a tour of the facility and introduced to any managers, social workers, etc that were in the area.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an irritated/rude physician or a frustrated family member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Denver, CO).

Interview

went on line filled out application, was called in for interview with chief clinical officer. was called back for second interview and hired on the spot. filled out paper work and started within a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview my their HR person located in CA for Kindred in Albuquerque. I was supposed to have three people interview me; however, when I arrived there was only on person. I thought the interview was going well when the DON walked into the room and handed the Manager of Nursing services a note. The interview took a decidedly negative turn after this. She went from telling me about the dress code , when I could start and the benefits to asking me if anything would come up on me if she were to enter my name into the state board of nursing website. She told me she would know within a few days but two weeks later I get a form e-mail that someone with better qualifications than my 30 years of experience and recent BSN graduate had. I found out through the nursing grapevine that is was a brand new graduate who actually didn't work out. I still wonder I wasn't good enough for this position as I would have been a perfect fit. I have nothing to hide and Y.G. you should be ashamed for treating such an awesome seasoned nurse as myself in this way. Oh just a note when a facility continuously has an ad up for RN's unless they are different floors at a major hospital in town this is a red flag. Never took this into account prior to now but I realize that it is a big flag and those seeking employment would do well to look up how many times there is a position opening for the same job by the same employer in the same facility and town. When it every month or every other month it a huge red flag found employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Would she find something on my license if she looked it up. She never did and the answer would be NO. I do not nor have I ever done anything that would disqualify me as working as a nurse.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

FAST!!! They ask you your name and when you can start basically! Should've known then! I'm learning LOTS of lessons as a new nurse! I got a call that day, went in, and got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• When can I start! They didn't do a drug test or anything! I don't even know if they did my background check!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1:1. Just the nurse director and me, in her office. She had a very bubbly personality, easy going. She read question from a sheet of paper. Review my resume and asked 3 situation question. She review the hiring process and explained the incentive that kindred provide nursing staff. 15 mins after the interview the nurse recruiter call to offer me a position!

RN Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenbrae, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and the recruiter called the next day to schedule for an interview. The interview itself was very relaxed. I arrived early, however the interview did not start on time. The Director of Nursing Service was friendly and asked very basic questions. The Staff Development Coordinator was there to ask basic resume questions. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and ended with a tour of the facility

Registered Nurse New Grad Interview

Interview

It took 1 month to hear back from them. By then I had forgotten I applied to the job. Nurse recruiter called in the afternoon and did a random phone screening out of the blue.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2016.

Interview

New Graduate Nurse position (Med/Surg/ICU) at the open house: receptionist and recruiter welcomed you, signed you in and made a file for you. Nursing Supervisor met with each person individually. Everyone was very approachable and made you feel welcomed.

The interview process was very pleasant for me, took about 15 mins, more like 2 people conversating about work, nursing values and experiences rather than questions/answers type.

I made sure I let the interviewer know what I was looking for (positions, organizations, values) and how I would positively contribute to their hospital.

Registered Nurse Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended an open house interview. I was interviewed briefly by nurse manager. I received a call for a job offer two days later. The interview was straight-forward and the manager was very pleasant. She first confirmed I graduated with a BSN.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      2. Why choose nursing?
      3. Do you know what is LTAC?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      She really didn't ask any probing or touch questions, such as what is your weakness? How are you going to handle emergency situation? Tell me about an error you made and how did you fix it?   Answer Question