Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.4

Insurance Appeals and Denial Nurse Interview

Interview

Was contacted via email to set up interview. The day of I got an email saying the person whom was interviewing me was sick. I rescheduled. I get to the interview and in less than 1 minute of reviewing my background the interviewer instantly stated there was a concern that I don't have the proper background. Then she took a phone call. The interview was maybe 5 minutes. It's frustrating that the recruiter thought that I was even a candidate when I clearly wasn't. Such a waste of time and preperation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

FAST!!! They ask you your name and when you can start basically! Should've known then! I'm learning LOTS of lessons as a new nurse! I got a call that day, went in, and got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• When can I start! They didn't do a drug test or anything! I don't even know if they did my background check!   1 Answer

Director, Quality Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter via LinkedIn to understand level of interest. After resume submitted, assigned to another recruiter for phone interview. The phone interviewer asked canned set of questions very quickly and didn't seem to care about answer at all. It was apparent the goal of the phone interview was for recruiter to provide a group of potential candidates without any duty to evaluate.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently still employed ?   1 Answer

RN Field Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

By phone conversation, questions, then had to wait for a month for everyone to be contacted involved in this hiring process, and for them to run the background checks. Hired over phone and then sent to interview with office admin and given salary compensation and filled out all the neeed papers.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

One of their talents acquisition managers contacted me that my resume and experience fits the jobs offered at Kindred. Too bad, the area he is handling is an hour away from me or another long term facility that I am not interested to apply to. He gave me the number of the recruiter in charge for the transitional care hospital I am interested in. I spoke with the recruiter and told me that my resume and qualifications are fit for the job that they are hiring for in the night shift. She scheduled me an interview with the CCO four days from the day we interviewed on the phone. During my interview with the CCO, I was asked about my nursing experiences (I have varied experience both in the US and outside the country). In the end, he told me he could not hire me or if he would, it would be a lot of job for him because my qualifications and credentials are not what they are looking for! It has been a waste of time for me to attend an interview, if only they have a more coordinated recruitment process. They would reach out to you to inform you that you are a fit for the role then on the actual interview process will tell you the opposite. Based on connections and colleagues who got hired and rejected, I am confused as to what really are the "credentials and experience" they are looking for.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview after applying online. The interviewer was friendly and answered all of my questions. She gave me the next steps then confirmed an in-person interview. It was a good experience.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Tucson, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Hiring agent to called me to come in for an interview with the chef after I put in an application. Interview for me was to see if I was in the right place for the right situation. A few cook questions and then talked about what was expected of me.

LVN Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Focus mainly on the basic care and comfort. From infection control to abuse, from management question to scenarios where you will have to decide what to do in case of emergencies.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you see two patient fighting?   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Glendora, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in met with the D.O.N and administrator they asked about my experience why i would be a good asset to their company and over all why did i pick a job in the medical field and if i plan on continuing my education. They asked for copies of my CNA license BLS card and I.D

RN/Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I attended a Hiring Event. I thought I would obtain more information about Kindred, chat with some of the managers, RNs, etc.. but actually was set up as interviews. I was lucky enough to interview with the Director of Nursing. She was so welcoming and open. I enjoyed our conversation. Because that is what it felt like: a conversation. It was easy. Yes, there were interview questions, as well as a test post completion of interview, but it was nothing at all what I'd expected. when I walked first walked in.

All of the staff was cheery and happy to answer questions. I also received a tour of the facility and introduced to any managers, social workers, etc that were in the area.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an irritated/rude physician or a frustrated family member   Answer Question