Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.4

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Brea, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very relaxing and informative. The questions were easy, I felt confident and qualified for the position. The interview was hands on and I was given a tour of the facility and given a brief overview of what the job requires.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar working with the elderly population   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Went to a job fair/open house. Met with current job holder and corporate recruiter. Both made a lot of my qualifications and I was told by the recruiter to stay in touch; she would help steer my application through the process. I asked for a second interview to meet with my direct manager. Turns out no one at this location is permanent management staff; everything is in transition, which struck me as a red flag given that this is a completely new facility. I didn’t hear back from anyone after my second interview, except for an email response saying I wasn’t selected—for a position I didn't apply for. I have no idea now what went on behind the scenes and the web site still shows my application as active for the two positions I applied for.

Interview Questions

• So many questions about handling problem personnel; obviously there is a company sore spot. Very few questions about my clinical skills. Very little opportunity to ask detailed questions about the organization, benefits, etc. All I got is the job descriptions and pay rate for one of the positions. No health insurance coverage for 90 days. Not much of an incentive to jump on board with a Fortune 500 company.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Denver, CO).

Interview

went on line filled out application, was called in for interview with chief clinical officer. was called back for second interview and hired on the spot. filled out paper work and started within a week

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Brea, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter the same week. Set up an interview, but the interviewer changed the time the day of because she would have been on overtime. Interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time you were an innovator in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you identify a patient you will draw blood on?   Answer Question

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview. This executive recruiter was uninterested and going through the motions. Was amazed that someone in this first-contact role would act this way, it was a turn-off to the entire organization for me. Yes, they may have just been having a bad day; but then they should have been professional enough to know that, and either change their attitude, or delay an interview. What does this say about the culture that allowed this person to be in this important role to begin with?

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted online and waited 2 weeks for an interview. The panel was very pleasant and welcoming. Their questions were pretty standard. After the interview, I was given an offer 2 hours after.

Speech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview was with the director of rehab. It was pretty simple, and she asked me basic questions not related to my field. I got the job, and there were quite a few interviewees.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online at the Kindred Web page. After 2 weeks the Corporate Talent Acquisition specialist from Kentucky phoned me. Unfortunately I missed the call. her voice mail message left her number and said to call back. I did, 3 times. No reply. Very unprofessional, not to mention discourteous.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Brea, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The people who I had the interview did not embody the mission of the organization....sad to say but they were condescending. I was not valued as candidate. No EQ from these people that represents the organization, especially from the woman. I wonder what it feels like to be the patient in this place. Please keep in mind that everyone who comes into the door is a potential customer; that's what I learned from years of experience in healthcare. Guys please value people that you are interviewing. We work healthcare after all.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me, did a phone screen and sent a personality assessment all within an hour. The assessment was a quick two page thing that took 5 minutes.
     Next step, FaceTime interview with the hiring manager. The FaceTime was the most unprofessional "interview" I have ever been part of. The manager was 15 minutes late, riding shotgun in a reps car and clearly was unprepared. It was a glimpse into how chaotic their management style is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales style.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the sales cycle in your previous position.   1 Answer