Kindred Healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Newark, OH).

Interview

Brief phone interview with out of state HR rep, in house interview with either DON. Be prepared for a lot of situational type questions, i.e. how would you handle a difficult resident or an upset family member? How do you handle stress? How would you react if you witnessed abuse? How would you react if you saw a nurse do something unethical with charting or documentation of medication? How would you help the resident heal holistically? What makes you uniquely suited for this position? Why should we choose you over the other applicants we interviewed today?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset family member?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy going; it depends on each individual facility, but the interview wasn't that bad. I will say that they were disorganized from the start, and I should have seen that as a warning or precursor of things to come. For the first stage of my interview, the person who was supposed to interview me took the day off. Then, during the second stage of my interview, the interviewer didn't show up until 1/2 hour after my scheduled interview time.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not that bad at all; very easy. The interviewer asked the typical interview questions: How long have you been working in the healthcare industry, what are your future goals, how would you handle a difficult situation with a staff member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Knoxville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted via offsite onboarding Recruiter who set up my interview at the facility. Interview went well. Offered a position at end of process and accepted. Drug screen on site and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in Geriatrics?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Newark, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Elkhart, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Questions

• I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

very informal. Comfortable family setting. The manager is down to earth and friendly. If you know your job, you will be hired. They have a high turn over rate due to all family me,bees working there. If you are able to,put up with the constant harassment by the family members that want you out, it really is a great company. They need a new manager who will not allow such discrimination to go on. They have a full benefit package. The pay scale is fair and the work,load is tolerable. You will be finger printed and drug tested with a physical exam. Orientation is very informative and they give training both on the floor and in the classroom. Supplies are plentiful and the patients really do get great care.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and fair. They have a pay scale.
    The salary is based on years of experience. They hire new graduates. If you have additional certification you will get a little higher pay.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions

• name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   1 Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Anonymous Employee in Rawlins, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Rawlins, WY) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted online application, then received a call from HR. I went in for an interview 2 days later. The area is starved for competent healthcare providers. The interview process was very easy. I think it had more to do with the fact that the state was coming to do a survey of the facility.

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Maryville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

After already filling out a complete long online application and submitting a resume they have you wait while they retrieve a paper application for you to fill out also. When you have finished with that you have to wait again for the Director of Nursing to come get you for the actual interview and you will wait for at least another fifteen to twenty minutes. She takes you into her office and proceeds to ask questions printed on a piece of paper. Not too original.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

Interview

I faxed my resume on a Sunday and was contacted by the Healthcare Recruiter on Tuesday. I had an interview on Thursday and was offerd the position pending reference checks that day.I started 2 weeks later Very straightforward hiring process with no fear of not receiving an offer since I was offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was presented as is, but it was a fair offer.