Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Kindred Healthcare

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Tampa, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is long and drawn out. Expect to come to 2 interviews, one with appropriate department head and another with peer group.

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Aurora, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Ocala, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Fill out the application on line. If they are interested they will call. You are interviewed by the DON. Then interviewed by 3 random employees. Including clerks, LPN's, etc. Asked about three pages of questions that are all about what would you do if A, B, and C happened what would you do? Afterwards they call within a couple of days. Human Resources are great. Easy to enroll for benefits.

Interview Questions

• None. Interview was simplistic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. It was brief and productive.

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenfield, IN) in April 2009.

Interview

Will usually present you with scenarios that you may encounter to see how you would respond

Interview Questions

• If you have more than one emergent situation at one time what would you do ?Answer they want is you will call another nurse for help.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well they offered me more than my previous job so not much negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Springfield, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Questions

• she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no the offer was very good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Alameda, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

Questions about my specific nursing experience, why I want to get into post-acute nursing, How I deal with difficult patients and patient care technicians. Explained current issues affecting the hospital at this time. Such as high turnover of nurses and CNAs.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to go out of your way for a patient? To go above and beyond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation? I didn't get what I asked for

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, received a call 2 days later from a recruiter. I was offered the job the same day of my interview. The interview was straight forward and the manager was vey pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing for a career?
      How would you handle a difficult patient/family member?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Negotiation

New nurse no negotiation