Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.1

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Applied online for RN position, and received a phone call from recruiter 4 days later. Recruiter asked basic questions about experience and verified the position, then scheduled me for an on-site interview. Interview took approximately 30 minutes and included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you looking at working at a LTAC.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview after applying online. The interviewer was friendly and answered all of my questions. She gave me the next steps then confirmed an in-person interview. It was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Denver, CO).

Interview

went on line filled out application, was called in for interview with chief clinical officer. was called back for second interview and hired on the spot. filled out paper work and started within a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview my their HR person located in CA for Kindred in Albuquerque. I was supposed to have three people interview me; however, when I arrived there was only on person. I thought the interview was going well when the DON walked into the room and handed the Manager of Nursing services a note. The interview took a decidedly negative turn after this. She went from telling me about the dress code , when I could start and the benefits to asking me if anything would come up on me if she were to enter my name into the state board of nursing website. She told me she would know within a few days but two weeks later I get a form e-mail that someone with better qualifications than my 30 years of experience and recent BSN graduate had. I found out through the nursing grapevine that is was a brand new graduate who actually didn't work out. I still wonder I wasn't good enough for this position as I would have been a perfect fit. I have nothing to hide and Y.G. you should be ashamed for treating such an awesome seasoned nurse as myself in this way. Oh just a note when a facility continuously has an ad up for RN's unless they are different floors at a major hospital in town this is a red flag. Never took this into account prior to now but I realize that it is a big flag and those seeking employment would do well to look up how many times there is a position opening for the same job by the same employer in the same facility and town. When it every month or every other month it a huge red flag found employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Would she find something on my license if she looked it up. She never did and the answer would be NO. I do not nor have I ever done anything that would disqualify me as working as a nurse.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

FAST!!! They ask you your name and when you can start basically! Should've known then! I'm learning LOTS of lessons as a new nurse! I got a call that day, went in, and got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• When can I start! They didn't do a drug test or anything! I don't even know if they did my background check!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1:1. Just the nurse director and me, in her office. She had a very bubbly personality, easy going. She read question from a sheet of paper. Review my resume and asked 3 situation question. She review the hiring process and explained the incentive that kindred provide nursing staff. 15 mins after the interview the nurse recruiter call to offer me a position!

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2016.

Interview

New Graduate Nurse position (Med/Surg/ICU) at the open house: receptionist and recruiter welcomed you, signed you in and made a file for you. Nursing Supervisor met with each person individually. Everyone was very approachable and made you feel welcomed.

The interview process was very pleasant for me, took about 15 mins, more like 2 people conversating about work, nursing values and experiences rather than questions/answers type.

I made sure I let the interviewer know what I was looking for (positions, organizations, values) and how I would positively contribute to their hospital.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fidst they conducted an over the phone preliminary interview with their recruiter, then I had a face to face interview with the Director of nursing services. I was then administered a drug test. They then performed a criminal background check and Registered Nurse license verification and verification of eligablity for employment in the U.S. Once all that was completed the final step was for them to call and check/verify all my references I listed.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a patient was upset.   Answer Question
    • What would I do if a CNA is complainin about their patient assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was seamless. I interviewed with both the nurse manager and nurse supervisor. They each told me about themselves and the facility. I asked questions regarding nurse to patient ratio and orientation on the floor. I was also given a tour of the facility. Everyone was welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with what they offered after researching starting rate for new RN grad with ASN degree.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, received a call 2 days later from a recruiter. I was offered the job the same day of my interview. The interview was straight forward and the manager was vey pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing for a career?
      How would you handle a difficult patient/family member?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Negotiation

New nurse no negotiation