Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1:1. Just the nurse director and me, in her office. She had a very bubbly personality, easy going. She read question from a sheet of paper. Review my resume and asked 3 situation question. She review the hiring process and explained the incentive that kindred provide nursing staff. 15 mins after the interview the nurse recruiter call to offer me a position!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2016.

Interview

New Graduate Nurse position (Med/Surg/ICU) at the open house: receptionist and recruiter welcomed you, signed you in and made a file for you. Nursing Supervisor met with each person individually. Everyone was very approachable and made you feel welcomed.

The interview process was very pleasant for me, took about 15 mins, more like 2 people conversating about work, nursing values and experiences rather than questions/answers type.

I made sure I let the interviewer know what I was looking for (positions, organizations, values) and how I would positively contribute to their hospital.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fidst they conducted an over the phone preliminary interview with their recruiter, then I had a face to face interview with the Director of nursing services. I was then administered a drug test. They then performed a criminal background check and Registered Nurse license verification and verification of eligablity for employment in the U.S. Once all that was completed the final step was for them to call and check/verify all my references I listed.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a patient was upset.   Answer Question
    • What would I do if a CNA is complainin about their patient assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was seamless. I interviewed with both the nurse manager and nurse supervisor. They each told me about themselves and the facility. I asked questions regarding nurse to patient ratio and orientation on the floor. I was also given a tour of the facility. Everyone was welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with what they offered after researching starting rate for new RN grad with ASN degree.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, received a call 2 days later from a recruiter. I was offered the job the same day of my interview. The interview was straight forward and the manager was vey pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing for a career?
      How would you handle a difficult patient/family member?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself...
      Answer Question

Negotiation

New nurse no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an in person interview shortly after I applied. I played phone tag with the HR lady. It was very hard to get a hold of her, but after I did, I got a job offer. It took a while for them to get back to me after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating at all. They did not accept my counter offer.

Anonymous Employee in Town and Country, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Town and Country, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

There was a RN Open House. There was one at the end on 2013, 3 in 2014 and 3 so far in 2015. It's a hard job. So they are always hiring.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in nursing.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I attended an open house interview. I was interviewed briefly by human resources about customer satisfaction, and I think that they were looking for key words or phrases (e.g., greeting patients and family members, active listening, problem solving). Based on that and my resume that I submitted online, I was invited to interview with unit managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand your role in providing patient satisfaction   Answer Question