Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.3

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview. This executive recruiter was uninterested and going through the motions. Was amazed that someone in this first-contact role would act this way, it was a turn-off to the entire organization for me. Yes, they may have just been having a bad day; but then they should have been professional enough to know that, and either change their attitude, or delay an interview. What does this say about the culture that allowed this person to be in this important role to begin with?

Speech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview was with the director of rehab. It was pretty simple, and she asked me basic questions not related to my field. I got the job, and there were quite a few interviewees.

Patient Assessment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Laid back, easy-going. Non-intrusive. Very friendly manager. Applied online. Phone interview that lead to a personality survey. Then a 1:1 interview. Next will be a phone interview with the regional director. I was not offered the job yet, but I have a sense I will. I figured this was 50 words by now. This is taking a really long time to write. I am about to give up now. I already submitted 3 times

RN Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenbrae, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and the recruiter called the next day to schedule for an interview. The interview itself was very relaxed. I arrived early, however the interview did not start on time. The Director of Nursing Service was friendly and asked very basic questions. The Staff Development Coordinator was there to ask basic resume questions. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and ended with a tour of the facility

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fidst they conducted an over the phone preliminary interview with their recruiter, then I had a face to face interview with the Director of nursing services. I was then administered a drug test. They then performed a criminal background check and Registered Nurse license verification and verification of eligablity for employment in the U.S. Once all that was completed the final step was for them to call and check/verify all my references I listed.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a patient was upset.   Answer Question
    • What would I do if a CNA is complainin about their patient assignment.   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Livermore, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Open interview day, me and a few other people were there to fill out paperwork and once we finished, the staffing managers asked questions about experiences and about yourself individually.

Nursing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Concord, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview with one active talker/question asker and others listening. I was not allowed any time to ask any of my questions. One person was very pleasant but another who's role was unclear sat and looked bored and annoyed.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

First day I interviewed with the branch manager. A very nice and energetic lady. Second day I met with her regional manager. The interview overall was simple. They explained about the job and the duties. They are looking for a good fit, someone who will be there long term. After the second interview he said it would take two weeks to hear back still have another week to go.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Rn-ICU Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Leandro, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It is a pretty standard. Once on-line application is reviewed, a candidate will be contacted by a recruiter so that interview with director of nursing can be scheduled.
    First interview was proceeded with DON, and questions I got were not difficult to answer.
    Second interview was done with CCO and DON. CCO at that time I was hired said that she just wanted meet me and asked only one question, " are you a team player?:

Interview Questions

• How long are you planning to stay at the job if you are hired?   Answer Question