Kinesis Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kinesis

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinesis (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the position of Senior Project Manager and was offered the job, which I accepted in May 2015.

It was a four-step interview process from beginning to end. The first step was an initial call with the Director of Operations to get to know one another and discuss my interest and experience. This phone call was scheduled for an hour, but we ended up talking for an hour and a half, as the conversation moved into discussing process best practices and sharing stories. It was a casual, encouraging conversation.

The second step was to fill out a questionnaire asking for my experience, references, and salary expectations. There were also some deeper questions like “What were your favorite classes in high school?” I appreciate these because it shows the company wanted to know more about who I am and my path.

The third step was a Skype interview with the Director of Operations and CEO. They asked a lot of questions on my soft skills and asked me to give examples of successes in my field. Again, this conversation ended up going much longer than intended, as we sidetracked into a discussion on the industry and business. It was a great conversation and very engaging!

The fourth and final step was an in-person interview for which I was flown out from NYC. This interview was so I could see the office in person, get to know the team, discuss what a future at Kinesis would look like, and how they would structure my career path for this role (which I have NEVER had a company do before).

Through the job offer process, Kinesis was great with following up with me quickly and giving total transparency into their offering.

All in all, I felt the entire hiring process was very well rounded. It showed me how much Kinesis cares about investing in hires that not only have the skills to do the job well, but also the attitude and personality that will help grow the business. I also want to highlight that they were very accommodating about the time difference (since I lived on the east coast) and guiding me through this big life decision to move my family across the country.

Some questions I loved from the interview process:

“What are the kinds of people you want to surround yourself with?”

“What is one of your proudest moments?”

Interview Questions

• Some questions I loved from the interview process:

“What are the kinds of people you want to surround yourself with?”

“What is one of your proudest moments?”   Answer Question