King Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at King

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at King.

Interview

There are many rounds of interviews, but the focus is really on two: a week-long coding challenge and a day-long in-person round. The process took a very long time.

Interview Questions

• If you could only pick one metric to measure a game's success, what would it be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for King

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The whole process took 2+ months.

First is a test with some basic questions covering statistic, programming, business sense with quite tight schedule, after passing that there are following stages:
    1. Phone screen with HR
    2. Meeting with tech lead
    3. Meeting with a senior data scientist
    4. Meeting with line managers/product owners

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at King in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted on January 2018 for a data science position where I have to do an exam that assess logical thinking, data modelling, business perspective and programming skills. The exam lasted two hours which was not hard. I didn't hear from them in more than a month, they alleged they lost track of my application. Because I did a good job at the exam I was able to pass to the next phase however they were setting me in a position in Stockholm but I previously applied for a position in San Francisco. I mentioned them I applied to San Francisco and so we agreed they will check with their peers in SF to check for availability if not we would proceed with the position in Stockholm. After almost two, they contacted me with the SF team. We scheduled a Skype interview for Friday that week, the HR guy never showed up. Already sent an email complaining.

Interview Questions

• There were questions regarding basis programming and SQL problems, a case where you have to perform data modelling and come out with some business indicators. Also there were some basic statistical questions.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) test with 15-20 questions to test your analytical skills (maths, stats, programming)
    2) interview with hiring manager
    3) 4-5 interviews with peers, leads and stakeholders. One technical, one about culture & ways of working.

Interview Questions

• - writing a SQL query to calculate players retention
      - tell about your master's thesis
      - discussion about linear regression (what's R squared, model assumptions, model selection methods)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had three stages, the fourth is the last I believe.

1. Record yourself answering some questions online.
    2. Test
    3. Test review and Interview with 2 Data Scientists.

Overall, a very nice experience. They were all lovely!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my CV, I was emailed to invite me to a recorded interview with basic competency questions. Then I moved to the technical test which was about some basic statistics and programming. After that, I interviewed with two teams; each one with a business performance manager and two data scientists. I did not make it to the final round with the Head.

Interview Questions

• Do you know and have used AB testing?   Answer Question
    • If a give you access to all our database, what is the first thing you would look at?   Answer Question
    • Which coding practices make a good code?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a factorial function with no for loops?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was 1 HR call and 1 video interview 2 weeks after. HR girl was very friendly and polite, she guided through some essential info about company and asked a couple of basic questions about previous experience and motivation.
    The video interview was with team leader, and he asked about previous experience, but going into more technical details, skills and, of course, my motivation.

Interview Questions

• What was the most surprising result of AB testing you got?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was intense and thorough. The process was first a phone screen with HR, three one-to-one video interviews of various technicality with data scientists and direct manager, then finally three on-site interviews with a producer and two senior management. The arrangements for the interview times and dates were very accommodating from HR, which really helped make the process less stressful.

From what I remember the interviews themselves felt quite informal and the interviewers were all very friendly and not at all intimidating. The balance of questions ranged from tell me about yourself (each one to start), to what kind of games do you play, to graphs being shown and being asked to interpret what they might mean. Even though I remember being under pressure at times when I couldn't think of answers straight away, I was never made to feel stupid at any point.

Overall the interview process was long and intense, but HR was very informative at each step and it was made very clear the reasoning behind it (technical ability and cultural fit).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about project have you worked on that you're most proud of   1 Answer

King Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Global Employer Brand

Thanks for making a review! And welcome to King!

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a first simple test although the time limit was quite tight. After that there was a final face to face interview at their offices. The interview questions were quite theoretical compared to other data science interviews I have had, which were more focused on practical cases. You really need to brush up on stats and some machine learning models.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at King (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

After an online application, including cover letter and CV, I was contacted by a recruiter, which whom I had a 30' Skype conversation. This conversation was a first contact with the company, and it was nontechnical.

The next stage was a remote test which included maths, stats, and programming, SQL is a must. Test is average difficulty but people tend to perform well, extremely important SQL and R.

Although I did not get an offer or step to the next stage of the process, the recruiter was extremely helpful all the time and gave me a lot of feedback and potential recommendations for future applications.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can help King?, why King?, what understanding do you have of gaming industry?   Answer Question