King Graduate Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Graduate Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

3.5

Graduate Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King.

Interview

it was a virtual interview, The interview lasts for around 70 minutes including two programming tests in either C++ or C#.
You get asked several questions regarding your personality, background and skills. Some of the question are hypothetical such as "what would you do if you couldn't deliver a project before the deadline?"
You get 3 minutes after every question to prepare yourself then the camera starts recording you answering the question.
It is very important to know about the company's games and play them as well since the interview includes asking information about them.

Interview Questions

• Which of our games are you familiar with and what do you know about them?   Answer Question
  • What can you add to the current games we develop?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for King

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at King (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The longest yet the best interview process I ever had.
    I initially applied for Graduate C++ Game Developer and had a HireVue test short after. Pretty standard HR questions and 2 coding questions in C++ (I am a Java Developer and have no idea about C++ but since the job description said C++ or Java knowledge, I went forwards with the application). I was able to solve 1 question in C++ but for the other one I wrote code in java in comments and wrote whatever I could in C++.
    To my surprise I passed this test and was asked to send a project in C++ which I was proud of. Obviously I had nothing in C++ to send them and told this to the HR. I got a call next day from Sweden that they did liked my application but they have to disqualify me as they needed someone with good C++ experience and there was mistake in job description for which they apologized. Then the lady told me that she will see if there are any graduate positions available in Java at King and get back to me. She asked me to send a Java project till then.
    I got a call again after few days regarding the Java position and I was sent with the details. I did like the job and then continued with my application. I was invited to the Studios in London. Oh my god that office was just amazing. Anyway I had a technical interview with 2 people (very young but one was having 8 years of experience and other was having 3 years of experience). The questions they asked were based on my project. The interview was very hard as I was asked so many questions about java and my project including how HashMap works, things about Dependency Injection, Mocking, Testing, Thread pools, Sizing thread pools, SQL Queries, reasons for using interfaces in my project etc. They literally grilled me although I was able to answer most of their questions but it was a pretty hard interview.
    On the same day I had another interview with a graduate who asked me 3 HR questions and made notes of them. Pretty standard behavior based questions.
    I felt I did all right not great but in 3-4 days ONLY I get a call from them telling me that I cleared the interview and they would like to invite me for the final round.
    The final rounds were 2 interviews, one with Producer of Farm Hero Saga (very nice guy) and other with Manager of Engineering (Person who will be m manager if I get the job). C.V. based interview as well as HR interview. Again pretty standard. All the interviews I mentioned above were an hour long.
    Then I was shown the office properly, which obviously I loved.
    I had another offer from a company so I asked them to expedite the process which they really did and I got the outcome after 2 days from the best HR I have ever spoken too. She called me in the evening around 6 telling me it will take her 2 more days and then she called me again saying she somehow managed to get the feedback. I was offered the job.

In short very nice interview, best HR I have ever spoken with. Currently I am in the process of taking my decision and she calls me every day with additional details of the job as well as answers all my questions. Long interview process but it is worth it :)

Interview Questions