King C++ Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King C++ Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

C++ Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was very fast.
The recruiter was a nice Spanish lady who was cooperative and gave me honest feedback about my code test. Since they said that my code test was not good enough they stopped the process and cancelled arranged interviews.

The code test was to write a game similar to one of game of the company. They provided framework and description of the game.

They complained about some problems in my code.
-The game is not fast enough. (basically the standard speed is candy crash speed).
-The code will collapse if you want to change anything (well, obviously it was hard for them to understand my code and discover its structure).
-The code was not clear
-The code was not maintainable.

Basically, you should write very clear and readable code. Do not try to show your level of intelligence by writing smart code. The reviewer interpret negatively whatever he cannot understand.

It was not important that I have good knowledge in C++. They wanted a very neat code and the game.

Interview Questions

• There were some criteria in the mind of reviewers. I had to guess them and to implement according to them.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for King

C++ Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

HR got in touch with me for a preliminary talk about company, role and my profile. Then they arranged 30 minute phone screening before inviting me to their office. Before going to their office they sent you an programing task to work on it, and send them back what you have done. In the office, I spent around 1 hour with software developers generally walking through the code I have modified based on criteria they provided. Then, I was interviewed by product and software development managers for another 2.5 hours. I would advice, dont dwell on things too much just answer questions as simple as possible, highlight the importance of teamwork and how a good team player you are, if really you are :)

Interview Questions

• They are keen on your C++ and C++11 knowledge. They would ask you about design patterns and how you design your classes and interaction between them. They like you to use "const" as much as possible. Before "interviews" familiarize yourself with latest C++14,17,20 news, you don't need to know all details but have at least 1-2 sentence to say about each of them.   Answer Question