King Kullen Grocery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at King Kullen Grocery

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wantagh, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Kullen Grocery (Wantagh, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

One of my close friends already worked in the produce department. Another part time employee was desperately needed. All I had to do was come in and meet the produce manager and the store manager to discuss my availability and I was hired just like that. No questions, no interviews or drug tests. Extremely easy process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellmore, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Kullen Grocery (Bellmore, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

They hired me on the spot with no interview. When I walked in they handed me paperwork and told me I was hired. It could have been because they were very low on people, considering when I applied they also hired 6 other cashiers the same week.

Anonymous Employee in East Setauket, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at King Kullen Grocery (East Setauket, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I walked in talked to the manager for two minutes, then he said I got the job. It seemed like he was just looking to see if I looked like an okay guy. He immediately just went into the basics of the job like the pay and what position I would have. I thought it would be an actual interview. I didn't dress up or anything just a collared shirt and shorts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Setauket, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King Kullen Grocery (Setauket, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Really friendly group of people, started with simply walking in and filling out an application. Met with the head bookkeeper, then the manager, and was offered a cashier job. I specifically stated that I wanted a stocker job but they had none so I declined.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you helped to mediate conflict between two employees.   Answer Question
    • What are some conflicts you've beaten?   Answer Question

Did not want to be a cashier

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Kullen Grocery (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I spoke with the manager, I filled out some forms. They were short staffed so they needed someone anyway. I went for some basic cashier training and a test, it was easy.

Interview Questions

• They tested for some basic psychological inadequacies.   Answer Question