King Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

2.0

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview contained many steps:

1) Initial phone call with a recruiter
Nothing unexpected, regular questions for this step.

2) Cultural fit interview
Free discussion to determine whether you fit with the company or not. No technical questions, but there were the number or behavioral and motivational questions, e.g. how would you behave in certain situations, your goals, why did you choose this company, what do you know about the company etc.
To be honest, I've never attended this sort of interview before, so I spent the evening preparing. There are a lot of articles in the internet. I also would recommend you to prepare some questions for the interviewer.

3) Home task
I was given a small console app for refactoring. It took no more than four hours (which matches task recommendations). I were allowed to completely rewrite the app, and that was done, because the app was terrible.

4) Home task review
More or less technical part, when I were discussing my solution with two other engineers. I were asked some technical questions about app design, data structures and language parts I used.

5) Interview with Engineering Manager
I had a chance to learn more about the company, department structure, plans and so on. I also was asked some behavioral questions.

5) Onsite interview (yes, all the previous were online)
I met the team, visited office, spoke with HR and VP of Engineering.

Strictly speaking, I have very good impressions of the interview process. People are kind and polite, company is nice too. Regarding cons, I'd say that interview took too much time. I also think that the company value soft-skills more than technical (this is controversial topic, but for me it's disadvantage).

Other Interview Reviews for King

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then spoke to the internal recruiter on the phone to go over the job spec and salary expectations. They've given a coding test to be returned within a week. Following that I was invited to the office (nb. the office is absolutely amazing) for 3 hour face to face interview.
    First round was going over the code with two developers. They didn't seem particularly well prepared to the conversation, as the questions were pretty random and much about picking up holes.
    Second round was a chat with a product owner, probably the nicest person I've met there. The discussion was about project management, dealing with product requirements and so on.
    Third round was with another two developers. It was part technical, part questions around CV. They've asked detailed questions about projects from 5 years ago, which I found surprising.
    The final round was with the director of engineering. It was a general chat about career plans, getting an overview of the business and so on. Before leaving for the day I was told "we will not let you hang on for long".

... that wasn't quite the case. 2 weeks later I've emailed the recruiter about feedback, no response. Another week later, I got an email from another recruiter, who's advised that her colleague has left the business and she took over. She's asked if I am available for an interview next week, to which I said I've already been interviewed by 6 people and how many interviews more do I need. She's gone back to seek for feedback from the interviewers (I had to supply the names, as it seems they don't track it on their end) and haven't heard back for the next few days. Upon a couple of nudges, I've eventually got on the phone with the recruiter who said that the company has decided not to progress further. Frankly, I don't mind, just making people wait and wait and wait is not exactly a token of respect.

Overall, some of the developers appeared like they've never interviewed anyone before and didn't quite know what to do. The recruiters were pretty unprofessional, they have proper mess in the process and this reflects badly on the company. Several of my colleagues have had similar experiences while interviewing with King, so it's clearly not an one off.

Interview Questions

• various questions around the solution to the exercise   1 Answer

King Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Global Employer Brand

Evening, we’re sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We constantly review our recruitment process and we'll take your experience into... More