King Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King in May 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me 2 months after I submitted an online application. I had an over the phone chat with the recruiter, then I had 2 ~45 minute technical interviews on Skype, with 3 current software engineers. Questions weren't too hard, I was asked to discuss my past projects and techniques I used to improve efficiency, and ways I would deal with tricky situations. Then I had a company culture interview with the Head of Studio. All the employees were friendly and approachable, but the interview process in my opinion took a little too long. It took a month in total for them to assess me, and in the end the recruiter called me to tell me that although feedback for me was very positive, they decided to give the role to a senior instead and encouraged me to apply again next year. I was surprised because it seemed like they didn't hire very many interns, but I did appreciate the phone call - it's not something every company would do.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you think candy crush was implemented   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for King

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call from company recruiter with a general discussion about the job. Then the HR setup an video interview with one of their developer. There is no response/result after the last interview, it is kind of not professional.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at King (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the recruiter within a day. We talked about King and the history/culture. We had an hour long conversation. After that initial meeting I got an interview with the hiring manager. This interview was very light and short to prepare myself for the onsite interview.

After a week I got a confirmation that I will be having an on-site interview with the engineering panel. However, I never got a date or confirmation. I reached out to the recruiter after 2 weeks. The recruiter got back to me after a month and I was told that I will be having another phone interview within a week. However, again I didn't hear back and my emails didn't get any response.

After 2 more months waiting I just left the opportunity. I still didn't get any response which is very disappointing.