King Soopers Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

1.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

Submitted an app online and a few days later I got a call for an interview. We did some paper work and I took a drug test. At the same time they gathered my info for a background check and I had to wait for that to clear. Then I went to a class for a week and started working after that.

Other Interview Reviews for King Soopers

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Aurora, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email with a reference number that night. I called the number the next day and the lady was really nice and asked three very scripted questions (I don't remember what they asked, but they basically just asked if you are nice to customers). Then I got an interview the next day.
    So this was my first interview ever as a 16 y/o and I was very nervous and not prepared. Not only that, but I was told to come in for an interview 15 minutes early, yet the hiring manager literally didn't show up... at all, so I sat in her office for 45 minutes just to have some random guy interview me. Basic interview questions. One question that threw me was "what are you not willing to do?". The guy interviewing me didn't speak English very well so some questions were hard to understand. I gave a lot of short and crappy answers. For a handful of questions near the end I thought they were yes/no questions but apparently I was supposed to elaborate on them, but oh well.
    Pretty sure this interview was just a formality.
    Honestly, if you have a pulse and you don't insult the manager and you dress business casual and you pass the drug test, you'll get the job. I know that's a lot to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was not too difficult, but not especially easy. It lasted maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and they just wanted to see that I was a friendly person who could get along well with customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at King Soopers?
      Sell a product to me.
      Tell me about your work experience.
      What is your availability?
      What is your favorite product at King Soopers?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks, but finally got an email asking to come in during a hiring event. The interview was super short and not difficult whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Westminster, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online on friday and got a call on Monday, made an interview for a few days later.

The people were very nice but honestly the interview was a joke, they asked me about 4 questions since i didn't have previous work experience. They started by telling me several positions available then asked a few ?s. I don't remember the questions word for word but they asked about what i thought about communication and work ethic and availability. Was my first interview so i was nervous and ended up giving short, crappy answers but by the end of the interview they asked me what position i think i would like and gave it to me. It was almost pointless to have an interview, they didn't even ask me who i am as a person or what i value etc. I know it was a simple entry level position but this interview showed they could have easily hired some horrible person for all they know. or they must have just been desperate for people.

I had prepared a ton of potential questions they might ask and they ended up not saying any of them so that was a waste.

After i was hired i trained/finished paperwork for 3 days(longest was 8 hour training others were only a few hours) and started my first day on the 4th day.

Interview Questions

• What i thought of communication and how important it was in the workplace

Something about my work ethic and what values are important

availability   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

she asked me mainly why I had gaps and why I wanted the job. It was straight forward. I was offered a job because I was honest. It was easy and I did the drug test on the spot. I had to come back to prove I was a us citizen and it went from there.

Interview Questions

• How can you garrenty that you won't quite in a month?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Castle Rock, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

- Apply online
    - Call from corporate office whom ask you some questions and tell you whether the position is open at your store, or if any other position might be open
    - Interview occured next day which was easy, and only a few questions were asked.
    - Next, they will give you an ID number, tell you how to sign in, get you a uniform, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at King Soopers?
      What is one achievement that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty friendly and the process went okay, stammered on some answers since I had no previous experience and did an oral drug test right afterward. Mostly what they're looking for is someone that's making sure they have a lasting impression as customers leave a store.

Interview Questions

• She skipped questions that usually ask what my previous job was since this was my first job and gave me a few different scenarios as a customer on what I think I would most like from someone in this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Spr, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Steamboat Spr, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I put in a online application and got a call a couple days later to come in for a interview. The questions were very simple they were questions that are asked at every interview. When she was done asking questions she asked me if I would take the job. The next week i would follow up with a saliva drug test and a criminal background check which took a week to get back the results, Then i started my training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview format with a few HR people and 8 other store applicants in a conference room. I applied online, but hiring is handled by store level HR people. The corporate call center scheduled my interview and didn't give me much information about the interview format. A Group Interview is VASTLY different than a traditional panel or one-on-one interview. I spent two hours at the store. They made us wait in the break room and reviewed how we interacted. Then they spent 30 to 45 minutes total DURING the interview discussing us between group interview questions. They HR people were observing how we handled downtime, how we interacted, and if we got stressed out by waiting around being judged, or even if someone took a potty break or got water. In 20 years of working since high school, I've never had an interview format quite like this. I felt the call center should've explained the group interview format. People were judged as a group, how they handled stress, and who was more bubbly or outspoken. Many people hadn't worked in a long time, or were in high school or college, or going through a career transition. This was the interview format for a $9 an hour job.

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW with several other store applicants. All questions were answered in front of 10 other people.

Round 1: Group Introduction
      We had to fill out an applicant card with name, position applying, availability, and general questions about self and experience. We had to introduce ourselves to the group.
      Pick one word to describe yourself. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 1. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 2: Product Commercial
      What do you know about the store or brand. What is your favorite product. This became a mock commercial performed in front of a group of 10 people selling a store brand or feature.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 2. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Many nervous people mentioned personal information you shouldn't mention in an interview, such as marital status, disability status, if a parent or not, financial status, education level. These are facts that shouldn't be mentioned in a group interview! People let this information slip because they were nervous or not very experienced with interviews. I feel this only served as a way for HR to weed people out. Several of us in the group were going through a career change. They later told me I didn't have the desired experience, which is bunk because I've worked several stressful sales, customer service, and retail jobs.

Round 3: Group Questions with numbered cards.
      How do you handle change?
      Tell me about a bad customer service experience.
      Tell me about a time you handled conflict with a co-worker.
      What is your experience related to the position you're applying for.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 3. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 4: Applicants are divided individually this time and paired directly with an HR person to discuss desired position, availability, and an private matters. The HR person asked if there's anything else they need to know. What does that even mean? I was asked did I like the interview process or not? I felt like my head was being messed with the entire interview process.   1 Answer