King Soopers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King Soopers (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online about 2 weeks later, I got a phone interview which went by with ease. In which they scheduled an in store interview. For the interview I waited 20 minutes for it to even start. Not even 3 minutes in he says that because I am in school, and that there is seniority in the scheduling, he is not interested in taking the interview any further. They never seemed to even screen my resume and had me come done just to be shut down before even finishing the interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two human resources representatives, which lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of general questions about my experiences shown on my resume. I was invited in for a panel interview with four managers at the Denver headquarters. The questions were mostly situation based, problem-solving type questions. The panel interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict in your past jobs, what happened, what action you took about that, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Pines, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Castle Pines, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a very fast. The interviewer asked you how you would handle situation with co-workers or with customers. The interviewer also will ask about work experience and work history also about any achievement if any. Overall my experience with the interview was great.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation if a co-worker is mad at you?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked to take a math test and typing test first thing. I missed one question and was immediately disqualified. Interviewer asked if I was interested in any other positions and started to rattle off a number of positions, none of which I was interested in, and then proceeded to talk about the union for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really ask me questions. She was more concerned about telling me about the union. She was very dry and not overly friendly.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview format with a few HR people and 8 other store applicants in a conference room. I applied online, but hiring is handled by store level HR people. The corporate call center scheduled my interview and didn't give me much information about the interview format. A Group Interview is VASTLY different than a traditional panel or one-on-one interview. I spent two hours at the store. They made us wait in the break room and reviewed how we interacted. Then they spent 30 to 45 minutes total DURING the interview discussing us between group interview questions. They HR people were observing how we handled downtime, how we interacted, and if we got stressed out by waiting around being judged, or even if someone took a potty break or got water. In 20 years of working since high school, I've never had an interview format quite like this. I felt the call center should've explained the group interview format. People were judged as a group, how they handled stress, and who was more bubbly or outspoken. Many people hadn't worked in a long time, or were in high school or college, or going through a career transition. This was the interview format for a $9 an hour job.

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW with several other store applicants. All questions were answered in front of 10 other people.

Round 1: Group Introduction
      We had to fill out an applicant card with name, position applying, availability, and general questions about self and experience. We had to introduce ourselves to the group.
      Pick one word to describe yourself. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 1. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 2: Product Commercial
      What do you know about the store or brand. What is your favorite product. This became a mock commercial performed in front of a group of 10 people selling a store brand or feature.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 2. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Many nervous people mentioned personal information you shouldn't mention in an interview, such as marital status, disability status, if a parent or not, financial status, education level. These are facts that shouldn't be mentioned in a group interview! People let this information slip because they were nervous or not very experienced with interviews. I feel this only served as a way for HR to weed people out. Several of us in the group were going through a career change. They later told me I didn't have the desired experience, which is bunk because I've worked several stressful sales, customer service, and retail jobs.

Round 3: Group Questions with numbered cards.
      How do you handle change?
      Tell me about a bad customer service experience.
      Tell me about a time you handled conflict with a co-worker.
      What is your experience related to the position you're applying for.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 3. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 4: Applicants are divided individually this time and paired directly with an HR person to discuss desired position, availability, and an private matters. The HR person asked if there's anything else they need to know. What does that even mean? I was asked did I like the interview process or not? I felt like my head was being messed with the entire interview process.   1 Answer

Floral Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

DC Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Soopers (Puyallup, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very friendly atmosphere for the interview. No pressure, basic interview questions. You will start with a phone interview and then be invited in for an in person interview. I believe there was only one in person interview and then I received a job offer. You will have to do a drug test and background check.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

If your applicatoin pulls up when they search with criteria to narrow it down they call. from that point it was all very professional but relaxed to me. I could be me without fear and spoke with the secretary about experiences as a conversation not as a rehearsed speech.

Interview Questions

• any questions that I had to answer about a time that was difficult for me   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King Soopers in December 2010.

Interview

Process was quick and easy, Secretary was nice, but hardly call it an interview. A brief drug test and only a couple of questions before she said I started next week. A couple of the questions were such as "Do you have any felonies?" "Do you have any emergency-potential health issues?" and so on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there weren't any difficult questions, simple "Yes or no" types of answers.   Answer Question

Cart Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers in February 2008.

Interview

it was very awkward and weird. they asked many different questions about what i was like and my ambitions and why i should be hired at this location. It was also very easy and hard at the same time. i dressed up but they didnt seem to like it. maybe it is more casual.