King Soopers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two human resources representatives, which lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of general questions about my experiences shown on my resume. I was invited in for a panel interview with four managers at the Denver headquarters. The questions were mostly situation based, problem-solving type questions. The panel interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict in your past jobs, what happened, what action you took about that, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Assistant Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

The man who interviewed me was WONDERFUL, inculding a woman who joined us later. The interview was actually a good experience. They hired me on the spot. I was excited about the job, but talked to more and more people who worked for King Soopers and said they would not reccomend it. I decided it was not the path I wanted to take/deal with right now.

Interview Questions

• It is a lot of just asking your experience and how you would handel situations. If you have the experience, you will be able to answer the questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was very disorganized, and she had half the papers for me, and half from a different interview. She had to stop and print the correct paper work for me. She told me that she was running out of time and was going to hurry the interview and rush me on my answers, but still expect me to answer every answer with the best answer I could give, but she often ended up cutting me off of each question. She told me that she only had 25 minutes to do this, and ended up taking over an hour... I was told that she would love to hire me, but she doesn't like that I am a student in college. She said they necessarily don't hate students, but she would always hire a non student over me (a student due to availability issues, even though I was available every day after 12:30pm and some days after 10am). However she said she loved me and wanted to hire me, so she was going to hire me, but just wasn't sure when i can start since i start school in a month. She didn't want me to change my availability and asked if I could change my school schedule around or take different classes so I could work more during the school year. Overall, I finally got hired, but I am not taking the position due to the fact of how I felt during the interview. I was actually very surprised at how difficult some questions were, but was able to answer them all, and she commented on how great I answered these questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle busy situations, and how do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview format with a few HR people and 8 other store applicants in a conference room. I applied online, but hiring is handled by store level HR people. The corporate call center scheduled my interview and didn't give me much information about the interview format. A Group Interview is VASTLY different than a traditional panel or one-on-one interview. I spent two hours at the store. They made us wait in the break room and reviewed how we interacted. Then they spent 30 to 45 minutes total DURING the interview discussing us between group interview questions. They HR people were observing how we handled downtime, how we interacted, and if we got stressed out by waiting around being judged, or even if someone took a potty break or got water. In 20 years of working since high school, I've never had an interview format quite like this. I felt the call center should've explained the group interview format. People were judged as a group, how they handled stress, and who was more bubbly or outspoken. Many people hadn't worked in a long time, or were in high school or college, or going through a career transition. This was the interview format for a $9 an hour job.

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW with several other store applicants. All questions were answered in front of 10 other people.

Round 1: Group Introduction
      We had to fill out an applicant card with name, position applying, availability, and general questions about self and experience. We had to introduce ourselves to the group.
      Pick one word to describe yourself. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 1. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 2: Product Commercial
      What do you know about the store or brand. What is your favorite product. This became a mock commercial performed in front of a group of 10 people selling a store brand or feature.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 2. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Many nervous people mentioned personal information you shouldn't mention in an interview, such as marital status, disability status, if a parent or not, financial status, education level. These are facts that shouldn't be mentioned in a group interview! People let this information slip because they were nervous or not very experienced with interviews. I feel this only served as a way for HR to weed people out. Several of us in the group were going through a career change. They later told me I didn't have the desired experience, which is bunk because I've worked several stressful sales, customer service, and retail jobs.

Round 3: Group Questions with numbered cards.
      How do you handle change?
      Tell me about a bad customer service experience.
      Tell me about a time you handled conflict with a co-worker.
      What is your experience related to the position you're applying for.
      Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 3. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group.

Round 4: Applicants are divided individually this time and paired directly with an HR person to discuss desired position, availability, and an private matters. The HR person asked if there's anything else they need to know. What does that even mean? I was asked did I like the interview process or not? I felt like my head was being messed with the entire interview process.
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

it was mostly good and they were very patient with me, allow me to go and come back to finish, basically, during the initial recruitment, i was comfortable.
    I got to meet the store manager during the process, and he was very nice.

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evergreen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Evergreen, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was semi formal given by the assistant store manager. Maybe lasted 20 minutes then was offered a job pending drug test results. After the interview we walked the store on a tour and met the full time cake decorator. I was scheduled to start training the following week pending the clean drug test.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure? Multiple tasks at once?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the job was Union.

Assistant GM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at King Soopers (New York, NY).

Interview

its a panel interview with 2 to 3 coordinators where they take turns asking questions from the technical parts of the job and the behavioral part. it normally takes 45 minutes or so depending on the people interviewing

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at King Soopers (Aurora, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

It had went very well. They were very friend and seemed very interested in me. They also said that i fitted what they were looking for. And said that they were opening up a new store in Glendale.

Night Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Cheyenne, WY).

Interview

Well forgot they hired me. Then came in for a interview which was pretty normal. Proof of eligibility to work. Id the normal stuff. Then two employees came in arguing about differences in pay store had hired in one at 2.00 hr less while corparate had hired the other at more. After that it went back to normal 1 on 1. About a week later called every day for my start date finally got a hold of somebody checked that i had been hired came for follow up with different person went right along just fine. Went and did my computer training. 2nd day of computer training a female manager was in there talking to a couple other manager about how drunk she got at a party that week end and couldn't even remember the guy she had sexually intercoarse with.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previos work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Turn it down go to wal mart they pay better

GM Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and professional. They really put the ball in your court to explain why you would be best suited for the position for which you applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to develop a plan and you needed to make a sudden change. What was the outcome?   Answer Question