King Soopers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

My interview is long outdated, however the current process is not too much different. Fill out an application online or in store. Store administrative assistant calls you and schedules an interview, assuming your admitted criminal history does not have any peculiar items. The job is all but guaranteed, as the turnover is typically very high. Basic questions about work ethic, a few vignettes to assess problem solving ability. After the interview comes the background check. So long as there is no drunk driving, domestic violence or felonies and the drug test is passed then the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Everything is very basic and job related. Just be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, you kthey pay when you sign up.

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Floral Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

Produce Head Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

I applied online at three locations. Several weeks passed before I was called. I was invited to a hiring event where eight prospective employees sat around a table for a panel interview. Five interviewers were present. Every applicant had to answer the same questions. Some questions were about myself and why I wanted to work for King Soopers. There were four behavioral questions, that is, "tell me about a time when..." The interview lasted about two and a half hours with a fifteen minute break.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision. What happened, what did you do, how did your co-workers react, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was much more than I expected! Standard benefits kick in after completing third month.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview within a couple hours of turning the application in online. I had a phone interview and then was scheduled to have an interview in person. When I got there the manager had no idea what position I was there for. When I stated the position, I was told they didn't have that position open.....Uh, why am I here then? So then I was told she could make another one if that's really the one I wanted, then proceeded to inform me the overnight position I applied for and was interviewing for was from 10-630, however in their particular store the overnight stockers never get off on time. I would be working until more like 1030-11 am if not later. First oft, I was told I was being interviewed for part time, that all king soopers positions start off as part time. Second, I put my availability on the app, what the hell did you call me for? I don't mind working full time, but 12-15 hours overnight for 10.50 an hour? Ha. Funny. This company completely wasted mine and their time. I have never seen such disorganization from a management team.

Interview Questions

• The one thing they asked me was what position was I there for and do I have experience. That was it.   Answer Question

Coutesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Englewood, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

I submitted an application via King Soopers web site, and called the store i was trying to get hired at every other day. I talked to the service manager about 3 times, and the store managers secratery (person in charge of interveiws) 2 times. it took about 4 days to get the interveiw, i had to submit to a re-hire check which took several days, and was finnaly called in a week later for the full interview and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What could you work on or what are you faults as an employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT try to negotiate any terms, this company is extreamly structured and does not like to apply to your terms. once you get the drug test, your hired.

All Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Soopers in December 2009.

Interview

quick 5 min interview

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

The longest process was the online application. The online application is filled with the personality test and also asks questions about your own background and work history.
    I was then called about a week later where I was set up for an interview.
    I attended the interview in business casual.
    I explained my work history. The interviewer asked what I thought Customer Service was, and after giving some guesses of my own, she told me it was basically just smiling and helping the customer with what they needed. I then had to confirm that I would be available any hours of the week before she would turn in the application. I then took a drug test and was told that in two days the results of the drug test and background check should be in and that I would get an answer then. Three days later I received a call saying that I had to come in and take a computer training course and that I would pick up my uniform then. I was never officially told that I got the job, but that was made apparent when I was handed my uniform.

She then asked if there was any upcoming vacations that were coming up for me.

My Advice:
    Just be yourself. They aren't trying to trick you with any trick questions. Answer with what you think is the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• What Is Customer Service To You?   1 Answer
    • Why Do You Want To Work Here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really wasn't a negotiating process for me. All this is done after your hired. If you need to negotiate time off, you need to talk to the Head Clerk that does the scheduling.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview is in the break room with employees talking a bout how much they hate working their or their manager. the store secretary asks questions about your availability and tells you about the job then if you agree to work what ever hours they need you then u are hired.

Interview Questions

• for most it seems passing the drug test. its oral. right after the interview if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

its union so you get what ever they offer

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

super easy anyone can do it