King User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2019.

Interview

1.HR . 2. Design assignment 3. With senior designers - stop here, but should be 5-6 rounds. What surprised me in this process was I spent one week to do the design assignment and got passed. Then there were no further discussion and no feedback about this assignment. I expected to have a discussion in the next interview because I put effort and time on it, but the interviewers said it was done, no more discussion. Then asked me lots of questions about game design. If you are a product designer who want to work in King. I am afraid you have to play lots of games before interviews. Designers I met didn't appreciate my previous product design experience and they didn't want to give so much information about what they want either. So it's hard for me to tailor the relevant content.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for King

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at King (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2018.

Interview

A headhunter approached me on LinkedIn in February and I started a recruitment process for King. I did the entire process (design challenge, visited the office to meet the team) and in the end I was told that I my seniority level was too high for the position.

Nonetheless they liked my profile and moved me to another UX Designer role that "better fits my seniority level". I went back to their office to have an interview with the PO of this team and since then it went downhill. Towards the end I was getting e-mails from HR at 8pm to "call you tomorrow", which they never did. It happened twice.

I quit the recruitment process in May for the lack of commitment and professionalism that I wasn’t expecting from King. If you are interviewing, I hope you have a more pleasant experience than mine.

Interview Questions

• What values would you like to see in your perfect team?   1 Answer

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in June 2019.

Interview

First I got invited to a video interview. After two weeks they contacted me for a phone interview which was basically an introduction to the third interview at King office. At the office, I was asked to give an example of a bad UX design on a daily basis. Also, she wanted me to talk about the time when I had to pass an obstacle and how I did it.
    In general, the interview processes was ok. The interviewer was stressed and it was giving me stress too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you faced an obstacle and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in June 2019.

Interview

My experience with King is divided. The recruiter made sure I was updated through each step. Unfortunately one person's behaviour during an interview changed my impression of the company. It’s unfortunate to have someone in the interview process that doesn’t stand for some of the values that King has as a company.

I applied online and shortly after got contacted by a recruiter. The first interview was a video interview with the recruiter. By the end of the interview I got informed that he wanted to proceed to a second interview that would be on-site at King's office in Stockholm. Two designers would attend the second interview.

I guess they were busy that day since the designer I was asked to contact was not available so the other designer picked me up. The designer had really done his homework and gave me the feeling of that he knew more about me than what I did. He asked relevant questions about my background and experience and we had great conversations about design, games, and things outside work as well. Kudos to him!

A second designer showed up late to the interview. Once he sat down he started to use his mobile, my first thought was "maybe he is looking through my resume" but then he started to text, which happened multiple times throughout the interview. It made me uncomfortable and I was surprised to see this unprofessional behaviour. King’s values of being fun, friendly, humble, and open are definitely things this second designer needs to study.

Even though that happened I was happy with the interview and I was confident in that we would move forward in the process. The day after the recruiter gave me a call and told me they didn’t want to proceed. The feedback that I got wasn't completely relevant to what we discussed (and not discussed) in the interview which made me confused. Of course I was sad by the news that I didn't proceed but even more that my impression of King changed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest difference of designing for a video game and an app (a King game)?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you'll adapt yourself to the way we design games?   1 Answer