King's College London Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

4.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London in April 2017.

Interview

Received interview within 2 days. Interview was a week later. Interview included 30mins technical task (in my case MATLAB script writing) and 30mins panel interview. Interview was relatively standard. I was asked a range of questions from general interview questions (Why KCL, why this department...) to more technical (statistics...).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for King's College London

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with two people. It took around 15 minutes in the office at KCL. As it is a research assistant job, so the related work experience is important to the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

it was so long ago i cannot recall, but i got the job and have been working here since. i found an advertisement and send some of my information to the head of the deparrtment. he liked my expeience and set up an interview after a few months

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King's College London in March 2010.

Interview

I would have to say it was an alright interview, but a little too intense for a research job. It consisted of a 30 minute computer competency test in which someone was there in the room timing you and watching you as you completed tasks from this paper that were very confusing. Then, I had to take another test in front of the interview panel directly after showing my phone competency skills to deal with participants. A major pain for the fact that it was research related. I think I was thrown off for the rest of the interview because of all the tests. I think I did well but I didn't get the job after all. I already had a job for the University of London and the interview was quick and painless. This interview was just more intense than it needed to be. My advice is to NOT apply for the Institute of Psychiatry unless you want some people who are too serious about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Essentially I had to describe what I would do EN VIVO (part of the telephone test/question) about what I would do if a participant responded negatively to a question or did not what to do it and how would you persuade them without pressure.   Answer Question