Kings Island Rides Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kings Island Rides Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at Kings Island

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a group interview in Mason, OH after completing the online application. I was directed to the Festhaus, where I two other applicants and I sat across from the interviewer. He was very friendly and welcoming, he made you immediately want to be a part of the Kings Island team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
    2. How would you handle a family that was upset that their child was not tall enough for the ride?
    3. As a team, design a new sign for an attraction here in the park.
    4. What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?
    5. Give an example ride spiel   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kings Island

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Apply online through their website. must be at lest 16 years old to work in rides. Get a call within 2 weeks to come in for an interview. If the interview goes well they will offer you a job on the spot and have you schedule processing, orientation, rides general knowledge, then on ride training.

Interview Questions

• How would find the answer to a question someone asked you without saying I don't know?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kings Island in March 2019.

Interview

Fun and relaxing. You got to know others in the room with you. It was a very comfortable feeling. They had you act out a scenario with your partner on how to react in certain situations. Then you had to build a replica of a block tower by memorization.

Interview Questions

• If a person didn't get the discount they wanted on an item, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island in February 2013.

Interview

We were brought in for a group interview where we were asked to read prompts that we would later use while on the job. The interview itself took no more than 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and proceeded to complete a phone interview. The questions were pretty much the generic: "Why do you want to work here?" "How did you hear about this job?" "What skills do you have that would make you a good candidate for this job?" I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the interview, I interviewed at the same time as 6 other people (so 7 in total). After the group interview, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Pick a stuffed animal off the table that best describes you and then tell why you picked the animal you did.   Answer Question
    • You are stranded on a desert island. What are three things you would take with you to help you survive?   Answer Question
    • You were given two different scenarios and asked to come up with solutions to those scenarios as a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was fun it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It was a group interview about 5 of us total. We did group building exercises and had lots of fun doing it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Rides Dept #1 cornerstone is?   1 Answer

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

You first apply through the Cedar Fair jobnet website, then wait for an email to schedule your interview. Once you get the email the jobnet page becomes interactive so you can pick a time to interview. The interview is very simple, just basics on who you are and what your job history has been and they usually ask what dept you're interested in and why. After the interview, you schedule for paperwork processing which is a long and tedious process. About 15 pages of paperwork has to be filled out online and then printed, along with 2 forms of ID and you have to pass a drug screen same day, finally take your picture for ID and get your uniform. If done efficiently, the process takes about 2 hours. If you're a new employee you then have to go to park orientation and your specific location training to be ready to start the season.

Interview Questions

• They sometimes ask to do a ride spiel, which, if you're uncomfortable speaking in front of people would be quite terrifying especially during an interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What ride would you like to work?

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late December and got a call about 4 weeks later to set up an interview. I was one of the first interviews for the new season. Went in at my time but nobody else signed up for my time, so I had a personal interview. Super easy, relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Pick a topic of your choice, and hold a pretend conversation with the other person in the room.   1 Answer
    • Read this ride spiel to the best of your ability.   1 Answer
    • Why do you think appearance is important to the company?   1 Answer
    • What clubs are you in?   Answer Question