Kinnser Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinnser Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

1. Phone call interview was great
    2. Sets me up for the next round (2 weeks)
    3. Next round, I get to the job interview (Cancelled)
    4. They reschedule me in 2 weeks.
    5. Next round interview (Success)
    6. Set me up for the 3rd interview in another 2 weeks.
    7. I show up for the 3rd round (they have a hiring freeze)
    8. One month later they email me asking me if I want to come in for the next round.
    9. I do great at the job interview and they tell me to be ready for a background check.
    10. I never hear anything back for 2 weeks.
    11. I get an email stating they found someone else that was better qualified
    12. 3 weeks later they re-post that same job on indeed.

Honestly, I would have made a great employee and they screwed me over so bad. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

1 - Phone Interview with recruiter (30 minutes)
    2 - Phone Interview with VP of Sales (30 minutes)
    3 - In-person interview with Recruiter, VP of Sales, Inside Sales Manager & Creative Director (30 min/each)

Overall it was a good experience. When I went for the onsite interview I was toured throughout the office which was very impressive. Specifically there were breastfeeding suites for new moms, I had never seen that before but was very impressed they were available to those who needed them.

The interview was average, I was scheduled on the last day of the quarter which is really an awful time to schedule an interview as anxiety levels were high which didn't really make for a smooth conversation. The interview I had with the Creative Director was the best of the 3, he is a very personal guy and very easy to talk to. He was the also only one who really wanted to get to know me as a person which is crucial (in my opinion), besides that the interview really just discussed what the job entailed.

Despite the timing of the interview my experience was positive, at the very least it was great interviewing experience. My only suggestion would be to schedule more time with candidates, 30 minutes really isn't enough time to get to know someone.

Interview Questions

Kinnser Software Response

Aug 9, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your review and suggestion on timing. I will be sure to add additional interview time during the onsite interview process. I appreciate your feedback. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online to Kinnser. The application involved basic tech support questions, and had you write an email to the customer. I spent some time on this, and got an email later that day. My later that day, I mean in the eveninh to setup a phone interview in the next few days.
    I was ecstatic they reached out to me so fast, although that initial contact was a bit late, but there was a time zone difference.
    I had a phone screening with the recruiter, on my own time. She really took the time to fit into my schedule, which is awesome when you're doing a cross country move.
    I setup a time for a phone interview with a few of the managers. They were very open to my questions for feedback, and I felt I was connecting well with them. They mentioned they sometimes fly people out, but that would have been a bit difficult with my schedule.
    The recruiter contacted me within the hour to setuo a skype interview. My only availability was next week, and she made it happen.
    I interviewed with a couple more managers, and after the managers had their questions, I immediately jumped to the director.
    The director told me I would hear back by the end of the next day, and I heard back within the hour of my follow up email asking for references and if hired, start dates.
    I received my offer letter two business days after that, and happily accepted. I'm looking forward to being part of this open culture, their hr policies let you express yourself from what I can tell, and it seems like such a good opportunity I'm happy to join.

Interview Questions

• At the beginning of each interview they asked, "tell me about yourself "   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your career developing, or what do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are your least favorite/most difficult customer scenarios to deal with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was open for communication, but I was satisfied with what they offered from the get-go. The pay is competitive and a good jump for what I'm used to.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview shortly after I applied online. I then had a phone interview with HR and they quickly scheduled another phone interview the following day with the VP of sales. No more than 2 days later I had a face to face interview with all of the hiring managers. I received an offer that same day of the interview. Further the talent acquisition manager is genuine and truly cares about making sure not only that you are a right fit for the company but that the company is the right fit for you. Kalyn really puts in the time and effort to make sure your transition to Kinnser is the proper match and it makes all the difference.

Interview Questions

Kinnser Software Response

Aug 9, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback and review of our interview process. I'm thrilled to hear that it was such a great experience for you and we are excited to have you on the team!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews. I first interviewed with HR and then was interviewed by someone I'd be working with. Each call was a little more than 30 minutes, with the interviewers asking me a few questions and me asking a lot of questions. I was told multiple times that I asked great questions. I felt my questions were rather standard, but apparently other interviewees had not asked much of the Kinnser employees doing the interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about what you've been doing   1 Answer

Jun 20, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad the interview process was a positive one for you!

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

very thorough, pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a recruiter, then a phone screen with my future boss, then a Skype video interview. After all of that they flew me out to Austin for a face to face and panel interviews. I got to meet my future boss, some of my future employees and several of the department heads. it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Developer .NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

screen call form HR she was really nice and polite. Screen call from the hire manager, asking general questions about my knowledge and experience. Before the interview a small coding project needed to be completed (Project: API web service for Weather). The last step was an Interview in person with hire manager and peers.

Interview Questions

• get the output for a several lines of code. What I will change   Answer Question
    • Why I'm leaving my current employer   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with Recruiter (30 mins).
    Step 2: Phone interview with Account Executive (15 mins).
    Step 3: Phone interview with Director of Sales (45mins).
    Step 4: On site interview with Recruiter and two Sales Reps. (1 1/2 hours) Also given a tour of office.

Kinnser's interview process is longer than the average company's. This isn't a bad thing, as I assume it cuts down on turn over. They are striving to be above average so they go extra lengths during the interview process. However, from the interviewee's point of view it can be quite time consuming. During each interview you are expected to have a lot of questions. This is fine, but one can only have so many questions about a company and position after speaking with multiple people throughout the process. After interviews are complete HR will gather everyone's opinion and a decision will be made. I was told I would have an answer once feedback was received and I wouldn't have to wait a long period of time. After TWO WEEKS I was finally sent a generic rejection email. It would be nice if the notification process had the same sense of urgency as the interview process and expectation of endless questions. It was clear that they hire based on if they like you and not necessarily based on skill or accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Kinnser Software Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! As of April, I am the new recruiter here at Kinnser and I am taking all the feedback and making changes needed so that all candidates no longer have to wait to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

I have never in my life jumped through so many hoops just to get blown off. It started with a video recording I made for them. Followed by a video interview and then 2 live interviews. then I heard nothing for several weeks. When contacted them to see what was up they took another 2 weeks to finally tell me they had went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What wasa difficult problem you had at a previous job and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am disappointed that your interview expereince was not a positive one. As of April, I am the new recruiter here at Kinnser and I am taking all the feedback and... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Kinnser Software understands that the hiring process is not a one-way street, they work to impress. They provide a level of professionalism, hospitality, and ease that sells an opportunity with Kinnser very well. An initial phone screen gets you in the door.. game on! If chosen, you will be invited to an on site interview. The on site interview is done very tastefully, for instance, a grand tour accompanied with beautiful downtown views grab your attention. You interact with current team members and the Director of Sales. Both of which are extremely personable and down to earth. You will have a 30min discussion focused around questions that require you to think about the opportunity, why you want to be apart of their industry, and you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Kinnser is striving to break ground in unknown territory, as a salesperson, how would you go about leading this movement?   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. As of April, I am the new recruiter here at Kinnser and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the process. I will be sure to keep the tour as part of our onsite... More