Kirby Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kirby Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Shelton, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR guy thinks he is worth millions and almost talks like you owe him something. It's a 1099 door to door sales job so make sure you have money before starting a position without a gauraneed check every week. The boss said he has millions in the bank and is one of the richest in CT

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Oshkosh, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

It was one of the shortest interviews I've ever had. They will hire anyone I believe. I noticed when I was employed that nobody lasted and they are desperate for solid workers. That's probably why anyone can get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      She told me about the Kirby company.
      I think she asked me what my hobbies are.   Answer Question

Interview

A lot of hype about the pay. I personally understand the risks involved with getting into a sales job like this, but the interviewer did not make it clear to anyone that there ARE risks involved. He just hyped the pay and howuch money they will make, but it isn't that easy. It was very laid back and the interviewer was not very professional. Foul language was used and he used these exact words "I don't care if you do black tar heroin and smoke meth, just dont bring it to work"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negation. It was pretty quick

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company.

Interview

Very short and didn't explain too much in detail. Only that we'd get paid a certain amount every two weeks. Wasn't told at that time that it's salary and there are no health benefits. I need something more promising.

Interview Questions

• What are a few qualities about yourself that you feel would make you a great customer service representative?   Answer Question

Slave Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Douglasville, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Walk in sit in the waiting room you fill the application out and then someone will walk in and interview lie about you moving to management in a month then tell you that you are getting $800 Bi-weekly witch is a lie ! but you'll get hired immediately

Appointment Setter/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

was literally 2 minutes basically made sure I can work the long hours 10-7 and if i was available for orientation tomorrow. Gave me false information about position and reviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Wilmington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called for the interview this morning because my resume was found on a job search site. I scheduled the interview for the afternoon, then called this evening for the job offer. Overall experience was a positive however, I remain leery as the process was seemed too quick and the interviewer did not really answer my questions. I asked if I would be going to people's houses and the gentleman only responded with, "If you do have to travel, you will be using company vehicles and you wont have to pay for gas."

Interview Questions

• Do you have any management experience? Are you currently employed? Are you enrolled in college courses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Vancouver, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I showed up to a empty commercial space and was interviewed very casually. My interviewer was evasive about several of my questions. I asked if training was paid. He said I would be compensated. That wasn't very truthful. I got the distinct feeling that the whole thing was a sham and left. I suggest staying away from any authorized distributors. I think that the other things you read online about how these distributors cheat you may very well be accurate. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Did you have trouble getting here?   1 Answer

I believe that there is little truth in the profitability of this position to the average person. If you are absolutely excellent with sales you may be happy. Just maybe.

The Add Said Packaging Workers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Northport, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The lady came and asked me couple questions about my work history which I had no experience in selling just construction and warehouse jobs she talked really fast like she was high and never told me its door to door sales job. She just keep going on about the pay witch was odd for a interview that talks about pay before experience

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I had sales experience   1 Answer

Demo Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Pomona, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The Chief Asks You What Type Of Job You're Looking For And What He's Looking For (Qualities That Are Non-Negotiable To The Company)

1) A People Person, Because In The Business If You Don't Like Being Around People It Will Make It Hard For You To Be Successful

2) A Hard Worker - "Simply Put, Because Lazy People Suck"

3) Someone Who's Coachable And Ambitious - "Because I've Found That It's Easier To Build Good Habits Than Break Bad Ones, And We Want People Who Want To Stick Around And Become High Value Leaders In Our Company."

Interview Questions

• What Kind Of Job Are You Looking For?   1 Answer