Kirkland & Ellis Secretarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.5

Litigation Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then met with 2 people in hr then met with 3 attorneys and paralegal. The entire process takes about 3 weeks. The first interview was the hardest. Really show your personality and stick in what your qualifications are

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I worked through a recruiter! Good luck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Telephone, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Call from screening recruiter outside of Houston. I had applied to Kirkland & Ellis over 6 months ago. I tested, passed their tests, interviewed with the local HR after several phone interviews with the recruiter. I interviewed with two partners/shareholders I was not going to be working with. I was rejected without any idea why. The out-of-state recruiter did not call again nor respond to my calls or emails. I decided to send an email in August, 2016 to this recruiter since Kirkland & Ellis is still hiring for the same position during their expansion in Houston. She forwarded my email to another person who asked questions that had little to do with the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary? Did you receive a bonus? Do you have a copy of your w-2 from previous tax year? Why do you want to leave XY Company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First you meet with Recruiting, then either get a call-back or not to meet with the supervisor. The supervisor was friendly and found we had mutual friends. The manager was then brought in - she was the complete opposite, very cold & stern.

My recruiter told me they said I "didn't sell myself enough". Whaaat?! Who says that!!! I wouldn't want to work for people who are cold and don't consider the applicant's 25 years of experience.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis.

Interview

Applied for the job online and within a few hours, I received a phone call to schedule the initial telephone interview. Received another call shortly thereafter for the face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive and spanned over 2-3 months. It included a phone screening and then an in person interview with the recruiter. I also completed a word test, an excel test and a proof reading test. Finally, I completed interviews with different managers before I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How to prioritize different types of work request you might receive from attorneys.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I think the hiring process (up to a point) is excellent. It is objective and solely based upon your qualifications which are determined by your resume, your telephone interview with the Chicago office, your test scores, and interview with the local Office Manager. It failed for me at the local interview level with the attorneys. My "outstanding qualifications and resume" did not matter at this point. They determined in 20 minutes (10 minutes for each attorney) that I was not the correct candidate. I was disappointed because this would have been the first position that I have ever earned based solely upon my qualifications and skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience taking care of personal business for an attorney.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Like all other firms. Telephone introduction and conversation then scheduled for an in personal interview. Shortly thereafter contacted for a second meeting. Afterwards offered the job which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• What contributions could you bring.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a HR personnel, and then was invited to the next round of interview. It was a "round robin" format, where 4 or 5 candidates were interviewed by just as many personnel from the firm (e.g. 10 minutes for each person, and we rotate until we were interviewed by all). I had never experienced this format, so I was taken back.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the most important characteristic of a successful secretary is?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my university, introduced myself to one of the recruiters, and gave a brief description about the career goals I have and the skill sets I possessed at the time. The next day after the recruiter contacted me to schedule a brief 30 minute phone interview. After the 30 minute phone interview I was then contacted and asked approximately a week later to interview at the San Francisco Office. The interview was a round robin interview consisting of individual interviews with 5 different staff members for 10-15 minutes. Each one of the staff members were very friendly and personable so interviewing with them was a pleasant experience. After this interview, I was then asked to come in for the final round interview in which I would meet with the individual who were to be my supervisor should I have gotten hired. After the last interview I was notified about a week later and a half later that I did not receive the offer. The recruiter informed me that the decision was difficult and was sincerely remorseful.

Overall I had a good experience interviewing with Kirkland and Ellis. Everyone, including the receptionist were very professional yet personable at the same time. They are genuinely interested in finding out whether or not you will be a good fit for them and vice versa. I would recommend you go into the interview having thoroughly researched as much about the firm as possible and be prepared!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year career goal and how do you see Kirkland & Ellis fitting into it?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis in April 2010.

Interview

it was ok