Kitchen Collection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kitchen Collection Interview Questions

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kitchen Collection

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call in the morning and was asked to come in in the afternoon. I was only asked a few questions, and was hired pending drug test, which obviously came back clean.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked about availability, I had to negotiate for nights and weekends since I was only looking for a part time job for summer time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Sioux City, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

A friend approached the store manager about what he was hiring for. Since she knew I had experience managing different stores, he told her to tell me to come in. I filled out an application and most of his questions weren't relevant to the job. Kept complaining how overwhelmed he was, briefly told me some aspects of the job, and hired me on the spot. Had me fill out all paperwork and said we just had to wait for the background check to come back.

Interview Questions

• If I could work days, nights, weekends, and holidays   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said I needed at least $11/hr and that's what I started at. I found out later that the store manager didn't even know what I was suppose to get per hour as an assistant manager. Little did he know, I was only suppose to get $10/hr, but since that's what he offered me, that's what they had to pay me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (North Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

There are a standard set of questions, but it is really up to the manager. We talked about the job duties and went over various scenarios. How would you deal with an unhappy customer, an employee accident, a shoplifter, etc. We talked about scheduling and any limitations I would have working weekends and holidays.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntley, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Huntley, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Handed in paper application. One month later received a call to interview. Sat down in office with the store manager. Talked about experience and what the job duties would be. I was told what the hourly rate would be and what benefits, if any, could be expected. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How have you defused a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Monroe, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

It was as unstructured as you could get. In no way shape or form do I believe that the General Manager prepared to ask me any questions at all. It was easier than getting a pizza job in highschool.

Interview Questions

• Does it effect you that I am gay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Laughlin, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Laughlin, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Mostly questions that had nothing to do with the actual job description strange manager was more interested talking about herself who cares and most of the things she brought up were pretty personal and had nothing to do with Kitchen collection weird but I need a job . Asked me if I had any visible tattoos which I do not but found odd because she had one showing on her finger and leg ,she had on Bermuda shorts. She said they are not allowed in store if you work there. She just seemed very unprofessional to me

Interview Questions

• how will your personal life effect your attendance here, and do you have any tattoos.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none pretty much this is the set rate of pay .

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Park City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

I was taken into the back of the store and sat on a folding metal chair in the stock room. The manager asked me a few totally irrelevant questions and then asked me to start the next day. I felt like I was just a pile of meat there to fill a spot at the register.

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kitchen Collection (Cumberland, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

Knowledge of cooking/cookware is a plus
    reliable transportation
    basic math

Interview Questions

• Are u able to sale there gadget of the month to customers and you might be asked to sale the product to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very little room the negotiate, try to tell them what you made at you last job with will prob. be more and see if they would try to bump it up a little.