Kixeye Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kixeye Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, a small game assignment with 48 hours completion time, then an in person interview. I designed my game to illustrate my competence using Unity3D but the interviewers didnt take the time to look at it. I think they missed a great opportunity to see how a candidate solves problems, coding style, etc.

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive function   1 Answer

Content Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kixeye in March 2017.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with HR, followed by a written design test. The design test involved several content design challenges concerning the game I was applying for. Once the test was complete, I had two Skype interviews with Kixeye developers, where we mostly discussed my design test.

About a week after completing the test, I was informed the position was rescoped for somebody more senior and was not offered a position.

The people were polite but not particularly enthusiastic. The sudden rescoping of the position was also quite off-putting, as there was no way I could become "more senior" during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kixeye?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for Kixeye through Indeed.com and got an email back from a recruiter who said that she would like to schedule a phone interview. I talked with her on the phone and she gave me a problem to solve. I solved the problem and she said she would let someone else contact me in a few days. Sure enough, I had another phone interview and he asked more questions about the position and asked me to list a few good qualities of a good QA engineer.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview and we did it over the phone. The interviewer was late and quite frankly, sounded uninterested in what I had to say. The process was pretty standard and the questions were nothing that I didn't expect.

Interview Questions

• Why did you specifically pick Kixeye out of other gaming companies?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kixeye in April 2016.

Interview

Just had a short phone interview with in house recruiter. She just asked some questions on experience and skills. The overall conversation went well and I answered all her questions in as non-technical terms as possible but for whatever reason they decided to move ahead with other candidates. Not entirely sure theyre budgeting appropriately for the compensation for this position.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the more notable projects you worked on at you current employer and what insights/results were achieved from the data?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye.

Interview

I received an email of interest after two weeks, they promptly scheduled a phone call and we arranged a time to chat. The interviewer was really nice and answered all my questions sufficiently.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, I believe the entire process was efficient and honest. After applying, I received a phone call from the recruiter. He sent me a timed assessment for analytical thinking skills. Then we set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I went in for a series of interviews with all levels for the particular team. The onsite interview process was several hours.

Interview Questions

• Given these graphs, what is happening? Furthermore, if we derived a new variable from these, what would that graph look like?   Answer Question
    • Build a dashboard showing if this resource is over or under utilized? How can you tell?   Answer Question
    • Given this query in SQL using JOIN, what values would be returned? How would you correct it?   Answer Question
    • All in all, know that all metrics can be measured within the gaming environment. Knowing which metrics to use in their case study questions should fare-thee-well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with several of my peers on the team I was to be working with and then had a 2nd round that ended with meeting the CEO for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• Had to describe possible solutions to three different game-related problems that covered path finding, secure communication and error reporting   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kixeye.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with three people (one at a time) on the devops team. HR is extremely helpful and friendly and the team was pleasant to talk to. Technical questions were trivial, but the team seemed to have unreasonably high expectations of prior experience for an internship position.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. A couple calls followed by an onsite interview that lasted about 4 hours. They didn't ask very challenging questions. It felt like more of a personality/culture fit more than anything. On my onsite I met with 5 people, each for about 30-60mins.

Interview Questions

• General background, projects that I worked on, processes I know, how I feel about different teams etc.   Answer Question