Kixeye Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kixeye Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to solve a data challenge in 72 hours. I solved it and emailed the recruiter but never heard back about the results despite of emailing her multiple times. The test is based on evaluating game metrics such as MAU, DAU and some graphs are given.

Interview Questions

• In War Commander, you can produce units to join your army. Your army can hold a maximum of 100 units. Units cost time to build, and are produced individually by adding them to a build queue. Alternatively, you can spend gold to skip the wait for each unit produced. Gold is purchased with USD.

After units are built, you can use them to attack other player bases, and any damaged units are added to a repair queue that works in the same way as the build queue (repairs cost time and can be accelerated with gold).

Your product manager wants to increase the maximum number of units in your army from 100 to 150. Please answer these questions to help inform whether the unit increase is a good or bad idea:

● What data would you use to estimate the impact increasing units will have on revenue?
      ● How will increasing the maximum number of units change player behavior?
      ● What metrics might change related to unit production, repairs, and attacks?
      ● Is increasing the number of units a good idea?

Assume that your data source is able to record all in-game transactions in any desired format. Focus on describing your process and how you would approach this problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, a small game assignment with 48 hours completion time, then an in person interview. I designed my game to illustrate my competence using Unity3D but the interviewers didnt take the time to look at it. I think they missed a great opportunity to see how a candidate solves problems, coding style, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Conventional interview process. There were a couple of phone interviews back and forth. A few from the recruiter and one from the team. Next was a physical interview with a white board interview (one involving a recursive function) as well as soft skill questions (work ethic etc).

Content Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kixeye in March 2017.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with HR, followed by a written design test. The design test involved several content design challenges concerning the game I was applying for. Once the test was complete, I had two Skype interviews with Kixeye developers, where we mostly discussed my design test.

About a week after completing the test, I was informed the position was rescoped for somebody more senior and was not offered a position.

The people were polite but not particularly enthusiastic. The sudden rescoping of the position was also quite off-putting, as there was no way I could become "more senior" during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kixeye?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for Kixeye through Indeed.com and got an email back from a recruiter who said that she would like to schedule a phone interview. I talked with her on the phone and she gave me a problem to solve. I solved the problem and she said she would let someone else contact me in a few days. Sure enough, I had another phone interview and he asked more questions about the position and asked me to list a few good qualities of a good QA engineer.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview and we did it over the phone. The interviewer was late and quite frankly, sounded uninterested in what I had to say. The process was pretty standard and the questions were nothing that I didn't expect.

Interview Questions

• Why did you specifically pick Kixeye out of other gaming companies?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kixeye in April 2016.

Interview

Just had a short phone interview with in house recruiter. She just asked some questions on experience and skills. The overall conversation went well and I answered all her questions in as non-technical terms as possible but for whatever reason they decided to move ahead with other candidates. Not entirely sure theyre budgeting appropriately for the compensation for this position.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the more notable projects you worked on at you current employer and what insights/results were achieved from the data?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kixeye.

Interview

I received an email of interest after two weeks, they promptly scheduled a phone call and we arranged a time to chat. The interviewer was really nice and answered all my questions sufficiently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, I believe the entire process was efficient and honest. After applying, I received a phone call from the recruiter. He sent me a timed assessment for analytical thinking skills. Then we set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I went in for a series of interviews with all levels for the particular team. The onsite interview process was several hours.

Interview Questions

• Given these graphs, what is happening? Furthermore, if we derived a new variable from these, what would that graph look like?   Answer Question
    • Build a dashboard showing if this resource is over or under utilized? How can you tell?   Answer Question
    • Given this query in SQL using JOIN, what values would be returned? How would you correct it?   Answer Question
    • All in all, know that all metrics can be measured within the gaming environment. Knowing which metrics to use in their case study questions should fare-thee-well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kixeye (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with several of my peers on the team I was to be working with and then had a 2nd round that ended with meeting the CEO for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• Had to describe possible solutions to three different game-related problems that covered path finding, secure communication and error reporting   Answer Question