Klout Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Klout Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Klout.

Interview

Sent in my resume and got a response one week later for a phone interview.

Product Manager - Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process included: 1 HR Screener, 1PM Phone Screen, 1 On-site Round (Hiring PM, Design and Eng Lead, Peer PM, Scrum Master). The content of the interview in person spanned ideas for engagement, past experience, and process preferences. The phone screen with a peer PM took 4 different times to re-schedule. The company seems to admittedly have no strategy right now and have opened roles in Monetization to find ideas. The team structure is organized into pods so roadmap development is quite chaotic. No mentoring opportunities since the Director of Product is rather experienced, so the expectation is to hit the floor running but no experimentation is really used.

Interview Questions

• How would you attract the rabid 20% of our users that do generate content and re-engage with the Klout platform to do so even more? How can you monetize their traffic?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

coding and experience

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had seen the position advertised as "Office Assistant" on various job boards but did not apply as it read a very junior position. I was approached by HR from a referral and it was explained that the position was in fact, a full-on Office Manger position but was undersold on paper to cast a wider net.

I was invited in to meet with a series of managers and support staff (about 7 in all). I was a little concerned at first when I asked some of the support staff what direction they saw the company going in and they were unable to tell me anything other than about their recent partnership with bing. I became increasingly concerned when senior management did not seem to have an idea of how the product could be useful or what they wanted to do with it which to me said, "well, it does this one thing really well and we're just waiting for someone else to figure it out, buy it and make good use of it; maybe bing!!".

Following my interview, I was told I would hear from them the following week. I guess my concern was evident, as I received no further communication from Klout. After spending a half day in their office I would at least have expected a call or an email thanking me for my time. An extremely unprofessional and disrespectful way to treat candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could deal with various employees' (HR included) neuroses (not particularly unexpected but a but off-putting).   Answer Question

Senior Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I originally applied for a position at Klout about 6 months ago and heard back from the recruiter about a month ago. He asked me if I was still interested in any opportunities at Klout, to which I told him that I was -- specifically in sales or marketing. Lo, and behold, a senior sales associate position opened up and I had a 20 minute phone screening with him. It was a typical preliminary background check to see if you have any applicable online experience (which I did). I made it to the next step where I spoke with the hiring manager. The call was about 30 minutes or so which was expected and revolved around the typical questions asked of potential salespeople (how do you prospect, how would you train someone else for this position, etc.).

The call went really well but the last question kinda got me..."Pretend you are a salesperson and have the CEO of a major brand on the line...How do you pitch Klout -- or yourself -- to them in 30 seconds?" I wasn't really prepared for that question and almost had the visions of meeting with VCs for some sort of business plan and only having 30 seconds to do it. I gave my answer -- which I feel was serviceable -- and was told that it was a good answer. After that, the hiring manager told me he had to go soon but asked if I had any questions, which I did. I can't seem to recall now what I asked specifically but I believe they were good questions. I asked about the company culture and what they do for fun to get a sense of what the work envionment is like there and it seems like it's a pretty young culture and they like to go out and have fun when they're not working together...which is always great for a company.

I heard back from the recruiter about a week later that it was a no-go on the position but that they'd keep my resume on file. I replied back to him asking why that was the case and -- for a company that's as buzzed about and probably busy as Klout -- he actually responded! He gave me a straight answer letting me know that they decided to go with other people that were basically pure sales guys their whole career -- which made a lot of sense -- as I've had more experience doing marketing than sales and let me know that they'd keep my resume on file for any openings in the future. It was very nice of him to reply back and at least let me know that, when that didn't have to be the case. I thanked him for letting me know...and that was that.

As a whole, Klout seems like a great company that -- although controversial -- is headed by a guy who seems to be the total antithesis of the type of guy you would think heads up a company that judges how influential you are online. If anything, it's probably Joe's laid-back everyman appeal that makes people trust what Klout is doing and as, a whole, they are definitely a company to watch in the future.

Not a bad experience overall as I learned a lot!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

After two onsite interviews, they told me they want a senior guy...

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Had multiple (3) phone interviews before they offered me the position. They asked mostly standard questions about my resume, career goals, and level of interest in the tech scene and in Klout specifically.

Interview Questions

• Everything was really straightforward honestly, no real curveballs.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Klout (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Actually freelanced at Klout for 3 weeks before being offered a full-time position. Interview went well, a main focus was personality and cultural fit, as my skill set was assessed during my contract period.

Interview Questions

• The longevity of our business largely depends on you, are you ok with that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Based most of it on real-world numbers and past experiences. Process was pleasant and outcome was agreeable to both parties.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Klout in January 2012.

Interview

It is just a 45 minutes interview. First, the interviewer are late for 10 minutes. Then the interviewer seems not well prepared. He did not quite clear about what are the input and output of his interview question. We spend some time to figure it out what his interview question is. Another 10 minutes passed. Then I think it is easy and try to code like 5 to 10 lines. Then he find his question might be too simple. He changed it again before I finished it. Finally, the time is over.

Advice: it is possible that the interviewer will be late.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between set and list in java   Answer Question
    • how do you iterate a map in java   1 Answer