Kmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

ALL CONTACT IS BY EMAIL... remember that....

I applied online, entered my info and did the online assessment
A day later I was emailed saying a needed to take another online assessment within 48 hrs
I took it and it had two parts each 70 questions about personality and work habits
A few mins later after I completed that test I got another email saying I had to take another test within 48 hrs
The test has two parts like the last test but each has about 120 questions
Right after within 15 mins I got an email from HR, asking for a phone interview
The phone interview lasted 15 mins and they asked about experience, afterwards they set up an interview with the DM, mines was set for the next day
When I walked in he was a NO right off the bat he said because while I have 6 years retail experience and a college degree he wanted someone with extensive ASSISTANT MANAGER experience.... despite the training being 12 weeks long...
Since I did not have assistant manager exp the dm offered me a regular job.....even called the store manager to talk to me about working as a cashier....she said they only pay $7.45 and only have PT for regulars....they did many cut backs and closed many stores due to the company going under....I declined the offer and she said well " Just call me " .......

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have
    What are your goals
    Are you a student
    What were you duties at your last job   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Asheville, NC) in March 2008.

Interview

I was transferring from within the corporate company itself to another division so my interview process was a little different. I interviewed with the district manager and then the individual store manager. I had a sence that the district manager had already made up their mind as to what they wanted from me and that part of the interview was just a formalitiy. The store manager asked quite a few open ended questions and I could tell he was rating me in his mind based on my answers as to where he could best utilize my skills.

Interview Questions

• What were my ultimate goals in working for this company?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager who provided extensive background on the company and disctrict. Asked a few situational questions. Got the impression long hours and 6 day work week was the norm at his store. Not sure if that is a consistent theme through out. Overall very positive exchange.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart in February 2009.

Interview

The recruiter asked me better interview questions than the DM did.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview, Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me about an experience that was not good and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question