Kmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.7

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

many questions you watch a video about the company history then after you may or may not get asked to accept the job position. three days of train ing on the register then u are left alone to serve customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Apply online. You can call to follow up . Someone will call to set up the interview. Go into the store and go to the service desk. They have someone escort you to HR office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thorndale, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Thorndale, PA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a few days later to come in for an interview. Interview process was fairly easy. Asked basic scenario type questions. I was interview by two different people right after the other and got hired on the spot. Pay was too low so I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Albany, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the Kmart website because they had just opened the position within 5 days. I got a call 3 days after I applied. I missed the call but I called back and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were easy. There's really no need to rehearse anything other than making sure that you know how to "Tell me a little about yourself."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Somers Point, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and got a call couple days later. I went to the interview pretty early but didn't have to wait long . The lady I met was extremely nice and professional. Honestly the best interview I had in a while. Made me feel comfortable and she just asked personal questions regarding my job experience and explaining the job. But sadly I had to decline the offer because the pay is way too low from what I'm used to getting and the hours weren't enough for that.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I applied online on their Kmart website. Soon after I received a phone call to set up an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and was hired on the spot after our in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Trenton, MI).

Interview

Very straight forward, yes and no questions, informational. The manager was polite and courteous. I was told the position maybe seasonal. I worked past the Christmas Season. My next position was inventory and I worked in the stock back area.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I received a call for the interview time, went in and waited for a bit in the employee lunch room, and talked with the manager. I was asked a few questions, but it was nothing difficult. Pretty casual for the most part.

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Roanoke, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to Kmart. The manager called for interview and we talked about my experiences and talked about my passions in life. Then setup an orientation to get started on my new job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience that I have and if I felt good about meeting and dealing with the public.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, then called the next day for a follow up. She called me for an interview 2 days later. Going inside I was asked to wait in what appears to be a employee's lunch room for about 15mins. She seems to be busy at the moment. I was then asked to move up stairs to be further interviewed. Asked like about 3 questions and I was hired after completing the drug test. The store I applied at is closing soon and they need employees to help, I needed retail experience to put on my resume.