Kmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

literally they asked me where i am from, a little about me and then gave me the job. it seriously didn't even feel like an interview really. I applied online then they called me a week or so later. came in talked to HR. felt more like a friendly chat. then they offered me the job and it was pretty much over.

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Very easy. Manager explained job duties and expectations. No chance for a raise only to earn extra money is through credit cards. They explain all their metrics and what not. Very straightforward.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart in August 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. Went over the basics of what the job would require. Questions were about my availability and any preferences for the job. Got offered the job the same day!

Interview Questions

• If necessary would I be interested in handling another position.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart in August 2015.

Interview

It was only a 15 min interview. They were all easy questions asking about situations in a previous job. Overall a great experience. Nothing anyone should have trouble with. They hired me 2 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you dealt with stress in a previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellflower, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Bellflower, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

So I get a call, went in for an interview, and aced it. I was told I would be a great asset to the company. The woman then asks for me to come in a few days later to speak with the person who does training named Latanya and she told me to make sure I wore the store colors. Then I come in just to find out that little miss Latanya was just going to do a second interview and ask me the Exact same questions, in the Exact same order, off of the little script she was reading. So in that interview, I did horrible because I wasn't prepared, thought I was already hired, and was a little upset. No call back. But whatever.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why should I hire you? Mention a time when you had to problem solve at work (something like that). What sets you apart from others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It went fast & great. I was interviewed by 2 people. Yeah stack of the night before the end of this message was sent from my own personal injury lawyer statutes.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. They rarely ask interview questions and instead will tell you about the job, what is expected of you, and how much it pays. After the interview, they'll send you a job offer via email that you need to respond to. As long as you're friendly and outgoing, if you've made it to the interview process, you will be hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and quick, the manager asked me about my prior experience and where I saw myself in the future.The manager was friendly and was uncomplicated about the questions being asked. It definitely went over the generic interviewing questions.

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Petaluma, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. The HR manager called to set up an interview for the following morning. He asked me a few questions and offered me the job, and gave me information about the mandatory drug test. I read and signed paperwork soon after.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

it was okay but did not do much pretty much told me that i got the job on the spot after a phone interview that was probably five minutes long only telling me the address when i got to the phone interview they asked me when i could start and i got the job on spot the interview was boring and the place was humid but thankfully i left the company

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work today   1 Answer