Kmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.0

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Somerset, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to set up an interview. Went to the interview within the same week. Very friendly and quick response. If you miss their phone call they will also email you.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous job or teacher say about you and your work ethic   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Owensboro, KY).

Interview

It was super easy. The lady was really nice. I showed up early. Thw people were friendly. The interview went smoothly and i tried to joke as much as possible. She didnt ask many questions i think she knew she was going to hire me before hand. The orientation however takes forever. Its almost never ending.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an angry customer?   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and brief. It was one-on-one and quite casual. Almost immediately afterward, the job was offered and my schedule for the first week was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart (Lancaster, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple basically was told what I would be doing and if i would be willing to clean up vomit. I was basically given the job on the spot. I interviewed at the willow street kmart

Interview Questions

• are you willing to go outside in all weather to collect carts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Took me in and asked about school, interests, and days I could work. Then continued to ask questions on what makes me different. The lady seemed sweet. I was in high school at the time and she said she felt that she needed some one a little older which I completely understood

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The Store Manager made it really easy and less stressful on me. He obviously knew I was nervous and he started with small talk as he looked over the application. It really mellowed me out before the hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with gaming and TV knowledge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kearny, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Kearny, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

It was pretty fast. Got everything needed to work there in less then a week. They were really nice about everything. They didn't make me feel nervous or uncomfortable at all

Interview Questions

• If I can de with difficult customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Huntsville, AR) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview that was laid back with two managers. Background check drug test. Aptitude test that was a joke. Overall it was my past experience that got me the job. The process took around a week. Interview, background check, drug test and a week to get the call that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Staten Island, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Filled out an app online, and recieved an email from HR dept. saying an interview was scheduled for me the following week at 2:30 pm. I walked into the store and went to customer service. They were very rude to me. I told them I was there for an interview, and they kind of blew me off. Anyway, finally met with the woman in charge and the interview was very easy. She was very sweet, put me at ease. The only downside was that she didn't make Kmart sound like a "great place to work". She said "90 percent of all our customers that come in are unhappy". She also said the store was closing in January, so I would only have a job for a couple months. I think Kmart is going under as a company. Only offered min. wage but offered me the job right there. I declined. Overall, good interview though. Asked "was there a time you exceeded goals?", and "tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you dealt with it". I was prepared so those were no prob. My advice, don't be nervous, it was pretty easy, but I wouldn't work for a company that is going under. You won't be employed there for long.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered a difficult situation? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Company is closing

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Des Plaines, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Well it wasn't that bad. I came in looking a little more fancier than I had to and one of the associates told me she didn't dress up either. Nice boost to my ego ._.
    The questions were of the typical source. 'How would you describe _______" : When was there a time where you displayed good _____ Blah. Like about six questions revolving around the same thing. My supervisor was sweet she kinda hinted off big time I would get the job by ... well just the look on her face. And her interrupting me answering the questions to tell me how to sell commission also was kinda an off too.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anymore questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated part time instead of full.... Commission will give me hours and money. Go in the interview and relax. I work a one piece fancy dress piece and got the job. I would have been better off wearing some dress pants and a blouse. I guess as long as you don't wear jeans. Don't lie be natural, be nice act spunky and.... happy really. You'll get in, especially around back to school season.