Kmart Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Crofton, MD).

Interview

You take a ridiculously long test about using equipment that the store does not have. They basically hire anybody as long as you don't ruin the interview. Dress appropriate and act respectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a time that you stepped up to help someone in the past   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Waterford, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the position on indeed. It was your basic application, general information and a skills assessment. I applied on wednesday, I got a call on thursday and interviewed friday. I had to meet the man at the front desk, we went to a back room and conducted the interview. I was told right there that the position was mine. I filled out my paper work the same day as well. The process was quick and simple, nothing fancy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Joliet, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Very scripted. Not a lot of thought put into the questions. Not a lot of listening by the interviewer. Did not feel the interviewer was interested in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Fenton, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

It was brief the questions was easy to answer. Had interview with Human resource and store manager. The process went along very quickly. I received a call the same day stating when to come in for an orientation.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I wasn't really an interview. We mainly talked about availability through out the week and the amount of hours I can work. I felt as if I was I already offered a position and it was my first day. At the end of it they provide directions to clinic to take a drug test and the days available to get trained for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working on weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Milledgeville, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job a week before they called me in for an interview. I had an interview the same day they called me. I spoke to two different peiole; the general manager and the human resource lady. I asked how long before I hear back from them & they replied with "now". I got the job like that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called within 3 days which I believe was a Thursday . To me it was apparent they needed new staff. The interview process was short. The interviewer introduced herself ask me a few questions and said okay I definitely want to hire you. She asked me where I would like to be placed in the store and made an opening for me. She told me the pay rate and explained I would need to take a drug test. I was told that I would be emailed the link to find the nearest place in my area. I took the drug test the next day (Friday) and went to orientation that Saturday.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time someone desperately need your help but you were busy? What did you do?
      Name a time you almost didn't finish a project or an assignment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was really easy. I was asked a few questions on why I wanted to work there, and then we talked a little bit about college (the hiring manager was also studying the same as I was). The interview was 45 minutes long, and I was told I would be hired and what my starting pay was. I was also told I would have a 30 and a 60 day review.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for the future?   1 Answer
    • How reliable is your transportation?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you received GREAT service from a store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to come in for an interview and was told to bring my proof of age and proof that i was in school..During the interview i was asked a few questions like why did you choose kmart..Then i was told i got the job that same interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First they give you a call to schedule an interview. Then you have the interview with the hiring manager, and they let you know that day if you got the job. In about 3 weeks your scheduled for orientation you sit in watch videos fill out papers and documents and wait for your starting date.