Kmart Hardlines Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Hardlines Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant Store Manager, Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Very long, but ultimately it was not a bad process. Very inviting group of managers. However, it is very misleading to get you in the door. The talks about bonus potential, salary increases etc. Completely False.

Interview Questions

• Past management experiences that made you have a hard time completing a task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Hardlines Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kmart (Seattle, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online. The district manager's secretary called me at 8:01 a.m. Monday morning, very prompt. We had an excellent pre-screening interview, and she set up an interview locally with the district manager. The D.M. asked all the usual questions you would expect for a retail management position. After drug screening and a background check, they offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer guns or butterflies?   1 Answer

Hardlines Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Lancaster, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

answered job fair ad; easy to contact recruiter, great at returning calls, round-robin interview sessions with several levels of management. senior level managers willing to actually look at the person's abilities instead of just matching keywords. Very quick turnaround from interview to offer; made counter offer and had 1 day turnaround response.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy - they made a ridiculously low offer; I countered and it was accepted