Kmart Hardlines Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.4

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Talked about resume and how I would fit in with the other coworkers. Talked about availability and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• How would you mesh with the current "family" of employees?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online for apparel, got a call back in about a week, went to the interview, was interviewed by the HR, was asked basic questions about previous work experience, interview lasted 10-15 minutes max, was told I'd get a call back soon, got a call back the next to come in for another interview with store manager the same day, went to the interview, probably didn't last 2 minutes, basically told me what they expected of me and what I expected from the company, was hired on the spot, started working the following week. Even though I applied for seasonal, I was told that the company tends to keep people after seasonal permanently for part time or full time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and how you handled the customer?
      Tell me a time when you've gone overboard to help some at work or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Gainesville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, simple questions, drug test is after interview. Manager was really cool and relax, which made the interview easy. Great job to work at if in college or in high school.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Give me a reason why...etc scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Scotts Valley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Came in for interview with her basic customer service and handling customer issue questions then a short interview with store manager then you need to fill out some stuff online and pass background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How did you help solve a problem of a customer complaint   1 Answer

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I was casually introduced to the H. R. Manager and we talked. We talked about the job, how much the money the job made per hour, what some of the training process would include, and some other things. I was told that they would do both a drug test and a background test.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Overall a very average interview and hiring process. One interview with someone from the Human Resources department. Interview was very straightforward with standard behavioral questions dealing mostly with customer service and human interaction.

Anonymous Employee in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Hixson, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

There is really no interview, he just wants to know what hours you can work. The first thing he says is that full time is 29 hours. He then asks what's your availability and what experience you have. Just show up and be present and you are almost guaranteed the job.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Concord, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy going. They asked me a few questions. Met with management from the department I was applying for. Manager asked about experience and told me what I was going to be doing. They accepted me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

easy it was like I was already hired before I got the interview. I told them I already had ratail experience and I was hired. I met with the store manager and the human resourse lady. They were both very respectful and nice.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability and are you familiar with stocking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. I was offered a pay and a schedual and I can take it or leave it.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Interview

I had to constantly bug the HR manager for weeks before finally being called in for an interview. They asked a few basic questions, but otherwise I knew I was going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important job of a Kmart employee?   1 Answer