Kmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.8

Kmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Aguadilla, PR).

Interview

It is a two part interview. The first one the "HR" followed a sequence of questions he had printed, if you pass, you continue to the second interview with a manager. The second interview was in order to deepen the same questions.

The only inconvenience, at least for me, is that they wanted full availability for a part-time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly he ask about situations, What would you do if...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I was mostly asked questions about my background, very few about the job. Afterwards he made a copy of my driver's license and gave me a 48 hour window to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Temple City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Temple City, CA).

Interview

HR manager was fairly new to the position. so she asked questions from her paper. doesnt seem like she cared about the answers to her questions. she was more concerned with when an employees available hours are.

Sales Associate Apparel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Rockford, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 2½ weeks for her to call me...we scheduled an interview and it was fairly easy she asked a couple of questions mostly about availability and she told me I was hired on the spot...just waiting for background check to come back...

Interview Questions

• Name a time when u went above and beyond for an employee.   Answer Question

Distribution Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Ontario, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online 4/30. Couple days later I got a call and completed a phone interview. The recruiter then set me up for "face to face" interview. Even though it's a warehouse job, I went dressed in slacks and a button down shirt. It ended up being a group of about 6 people and they were dressed from shorts to sweats. The guy "interviewing" was in a dirty tshirt and jeans. I'm not sure what purpose of this meeting was because he didn't ask not one question. I was only black guy in there. He spoke Spanish most of time. I was denied an offer, but I feel the process was biased and I did not get a chance esp when the face to face was more an information session. Why send someone to an info session? What was the purpose of that?

Interview Questions

• Absolutely none...in person. Only over phone, but basic, what's your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Hyattsville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

You will need 3 Interviews they where easy, but the management is slow and very unprofessional, was hired on spot but process took 4weeks+ and still havent started work yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your availability?
      Do you have any Cashier experience?
      What makes you a great candidate for this position?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back 3-4 days later to come in for an interview later that week. I arrived ten minutes early and waited near the Service Desk for the HR Manager to meet with me. She led me into her office and asked me questions from a sheet of paper in front of her. I had prepared for the interview beforehand using Glassdoor, so I had an answer for every question she asked. Afterwards, she brought in the Assistant Manager, who asked me a few questions about my availability and work history. I was hired on the spot, and they said after the background check and paperwork went through, they would contact me with my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waupaca, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Waupaca, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview itself, was very fast. I got to the store, asked for the person I was supposed to ask for and she took me in back to her office. She told me to wait so she could go get her boss as he wanted to interview me. He came within a few minutes. He asked me a few questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Throughout your Customer Service experience did you interact with people in person or over the telephone?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kmart (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The hiring manager is very warm and welcoming. I'm glad I interviewed here. The people are also warm and friendly. I was very nervous, however the hiring manager eased my nerves and allowed for me to be myself during the interview with her kind and personable demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience working in retail?   Answer Question
    • Do I have any customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • If there was a situation with a customer on the sales floor, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • In my opinion is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours. I was also able to negotiate the department I worked in.

K-Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Street, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Willow Street, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Store manager and the HR manager. The both took turns asking me questions. I also got a tour and filled out paperwork during the interview process. It was a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work over time if needed, or come in on your day off to work?   1 Answer