Kmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
1,031 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Macomb, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Extremely easy to get a job here. Manager just wanted to get to know me. Nothing too strenuous. I didn't enjoy my time working here but the interview is absolutely nothing to stress.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

You applied online, and they called you back, you do interview via the HR. very easy It was surprising how laid back the interview was and I didn't feel nervous at all. The interviewer was very easy to talk to and all the questions did not have to be right, just corrected and remebered

Kmart Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Weird manager
    Made the interview akward
    But it was easy as he cut it short
    Just asked me the usual questions that every othe job asks
    Boring simple & Easy
    The whole thing was like 15 min max
    Including the tine that i had to wait for him to interview me.

..................................................

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Was called for an interview a few days after I applied. First interview was with the store manager and HR manager, followed by interview with LP manager about a week later. Both interviews were rather easy, and all the managers are quite nice, but the base pay I was offered is terrible, at 8.80/hr.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with using technology to accomplish tasks?   1 Answer
    • What was your daily routine at your previous job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Owensboro, KY).

Interview

It was super easy. The lady was really nice. I showed up early. Thw people were friendly. The interview went smoothly and i tried to joke as much as possible. She didnt ask many questions i think she knew she was going to hire me before hand. The orientation however takes forever. Its almost never ending.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an angry customer?   2 Answers

KFC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Middlesboro, KY).

Interview

I went in and told them i was here for a job interview and they told me set down and she come out and got started and she ask me was i a good worker and ask me what i can do and why i need this job

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview after calling them to follow up on an application. I never received a call from them until I called them first. The interview was set for two days later, and I went in and waited before being called into the HR managers office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience as a cashier? Have you ever had your drawer over or under in the past?   1 Answer

Kmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied about a month ago HR told me she was going to call me when she start back hiring she called Monday telling me to come in Thursday for a interview she explain the position,wages, etc asked a few questions then she gave me details on how she was going to conduct the background and drug test and that was it

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart (Saugus, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called for an interview 4 days later (on my birthday!). Went for my interview a week after and the manager just gave me my work permit and instructions to fill out upcoming emails. Wasn't even an interview, got hired on the spot no questions asked.

Human Resource Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online took assessment and was called in for an interview. I did some homework and found out they underpay considerably. The interview was easy until we got to compensation 8.50 an hour which is half of what I make at my current job I was flabbergasted. He then said "HR doesn't just sit in their office at this job." I told him he wouldn't have to worry about that cause I wouldn't be there at all for 8.50. And to top it off he might call back for a 2nd interview? This company doesn't have a future and prey on people that don't have a job offering crumbs for compensation in this highly competitive retail industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what is expected of you?   1 Answer

Compensation far below industry average.