Kmart Loss Prevention Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Loss Prevention Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I applied for the position in March 26 and received a call back for an interview on April 10. The interview was with the Market MGR, Zone MGR and area MGR. They asked basic questions and really deep dived into my answers. Most of the questions were about loss prevention but they were looking for answers on how I planed to grow sales while reducing shortage. The interview was fairly long and filled with questions. I received a call a few days later scheduling a second interview with the store manager. The interview felt more like a meet and greet than an interview. He asked a few questions and explained his expectations. The next day I received a conditional job offer pending background, credit and drug test. This process took about a week before I received a formal job offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to manage a poor performing team member?   1 Answer
  • Can you read a P&L statement?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
  • How do you plan on being successful in this role?   1 Answer
  • Why Sears/Kmart?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Richmond, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a fun interview, I got to know the store manager as well as my manager. There was a lot of laughter and they made the interview process as painless as possible. They described to me what the job was about and asked me what I think my pay rate should be. Nothing unusual or hard.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have in loss prevention
      If your friend came in shoplifting could you approach them
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kmart (Arvada, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Lack of communication on multiple fronts. The District recruiter reached out for a quick screening followed by a scheduled interview with the store manager the following week. I received a confirmation email from the district recruiter and put it on my calendar. The day before the scheduled interview, I received a call from the district recruiter wanting to reschedule as the interviewer was on vacation. I received an email from the store assistant manager on a Sunday afternoon to meet the following morning however that was not enough lead time. I reschedule and confirm new date, time, location and contact the following week. I arrive about 20 minutes early to merely observe daily work flow from a customer perspective when finally greeted by an employee. I introduced myself and stated that I was scheduled to meet the manager for an interview. He pauses and in embarrassment let me know that the manager was at another store for the day and did not have anyone on the schedule for an interview. After leaving, I reached out to the recruiter regarding the incident and the response was, "something is wrong with the scheduler. Just call the store and ask to speak to the manager directly and schedule the interview yourself." -My thought . . . so what do you do as the HR person? I could have done that. - at any rate I finally met and interviewed with the store manager and a week later met with the district LP manager. Interviews went well and lasted about 2 hours each. After numerous contact from the days following, I heard nothing. If not offer letter coming my way at least the decency to notify me that they went another route. To conclude this ramble, with KMart's major competitor in the area I foresee many challenges facing the founders of the "Blue light special".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to resolve a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I had 5 different interviews for this position.

- Recruiter (telephone)
    - Recorded interview on a computer
    - District loss prevention manager and store manager
    - Regional loss prevention manager
    - Regional loss prevention director

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Savannah, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I responded to an job posting. made my application, resume. and cover letter. Sent it in at about 10 am and received a call later that day. i was asked to come in before 5 for an interview. i interviewed that day. with being prior military and law enforcement. i felt that i could be very competitive for the position. when i got home i was given an offer sheet in my email.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time in your carrer when you exceed at a task.   Answer Question

the pay was way to small. they offered 8.75 an hour. there are entry level security guards that make more than that. i declined the offer and sent a counter offer. they never returned my call or responded to my email.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview

I applied and the whole process took about 2 and half months. The first interview was over the phone with the District LPM and lasted about 10 minutes. The next interview was with the store store manager which lasted about an hour where we both exchanged questions back and forth. Very professional and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a fire in the building and steps would you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation it was this is what you are paid, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview process.. They ask you about 10 scenario questions.. Employees applying with in have a major advantage as they can have access to all twenty of the possible questions the interviewer will ask.. Questions are broken up into different sections of kmarts beliefs on what's important..

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time where you multi tasked, name every task, and what was your outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kmart (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

After two years working as a loss prevention associate and training under the LPM for the position the opening was becoming available due to the LPM transferring to another store. Due to the open district loss prevention manager position there was no clear single leadership or communication to submit my interest in the job or my resume. After two months a Multi-Unit LP manager was promoted to the DLPM position and I was given an interview. Two interviews were conducted back-to-back by a Multi-Unit LPM and another more experienced DLPM. Both interviews were fairly straight forward for the job position with plenty of questions about shrink and safety, including a store walk to point out shrink and safety issues. Both interviews went very well with the interviewing DLPM expressing his recommendation for me to take the position. After another month, as I continued to work as the store's LPM through the fourth quarter following the previous LPM's transfer, the new DLPM announces his transfer to another district and that the DLPM that had interviewed me would be taking over. Upon follow-up about the LPM job position I was informed that prior to the newly promoted DLPM's transfer he had given the position to a LPM from another store and the transfer was already in progress.
    The unstable management condition made communication difficult and the process longer than it typically would take. The interviewers were friendly, professional and seemed like they would be a pleasure to work with. The newly promoted district LP manager on the other hand was unprofessional and disrespectful in handling the process and his treatment of not only an applicant but a current employee.

Interview Questions

• Walking the sales floor and looking for all the shrink and/or safety opportunities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Zion, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Zion, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I had to go through numerous interviews for the position of Loss Prevention Manager over a period of approximately one month. I have been in communication with the DLPM I am supposed to be working for, however there is a stall at the corporate level regarding what I assume is over salary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions regarding the Shrink within the store, information that was not shared with me by my manager prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    • I was asked questions about my former employer, Kohl's, with regard to shrink numbers, something I hadn't thought about in roughly 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Bensalem, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied through Craigslist.com by sending a resume. Roughly 3-4 days later, I received a call from the District Loss Prevention Manager who did a breif phone interview then scheduled me for an in person interview. Upon arriving at the interview, I found that the Regional Director of Loss Prevention was present. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary to an extent. Didn't really try to negotiate anything else.