Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kmart

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through my boyfriend. He recommended me to work there so I can be closer to him and gain retail experience. The interview is really short. They asked basic questions along with how many days and hours I can work.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Arroyo Grande, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kmart (Arroyo Grande, CA).

Interview

It was a normal typical interview. It was a lifetime ago I don't remember anything not one thing about it. The only thing I remember was watching videos before I started to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Scotts Valley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called late in the day for a same day interview without given time to prep for this company. Interview went well enough, but due to the same day interview I felt unprepared.

Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Bemidji, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview. the interview was in the back room and just had to answer some simple questions and show i wasn't a terrible person. They have very low standards so almost anyone can get a job. also they have very fast turn over so they are always hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a hard time in your life and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just show you aren't a terrible employee and they will give you a job.

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Billerica, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back within a week. The interview was with the HR manager, and she gave me a tour of the store, and it was more of a "here's what you have to do, so do you want the job?" I accepted the offer. Minimum pay and got no promotions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

they called I showed up and they gave me the job without questions

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The first Human Resources Manager was awesome. This was over 9 years ago so there's no way I would remember. She hired me on the spot after I told her I had 7 years of retail experience and had a 2 year college degree. I worked in 4 different departments and enjoyed it almost until the end.

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple and direct, nothing to throw you off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yankton, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart (Yankton, SD) in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Don't remember how long it took, but it couldn't have been too long to hear back from them. Called in for an interview. Answered basic questions about customer service, attendance, etc. Nothing unexpected. Just normal interview questions. After hiring, told to watch hours of training videos, which were on VHS.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions. Just the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Only a part time job.

Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (West Babylon, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Mandatory application must be completed online with a multitude of "ridiculous" questions that, in my opinion, do nothing to validate the worth or work ethics of an individual. After a lot of time, I was called several days later to come in and meet HR. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. There were "stupid" questions during the online application. But the face-to-face meeting was quick and direct.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was offered job with no options.

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart (Rexburg, ID) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online, called the store, requested to speak to the manager, informed him that I had applied an that I wanted to meet for an interview. Scheduled an interview, and was hired at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a TV" Unexpected as this is not a sales or commission based role, it's simply labor   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take minimum wage, or move on.