Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Scotts Valley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called late in the day for a same day interview without given time to prep for this company. Interview went well enough, but due to the same day interview I felt unprepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, Got a call to come in and do a interview about a week later. Got asked A few questions and about my availability got hired on the spot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I was mostly asked questions about my background, very few about the job. Afterwards he made a copy of my driver's license and gave me a 48 hour window to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kmart (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The hiring manager is very warm and welcoming. I'm glad I interviewed here. The people are also warm and friendly. I was very nervous, however the hiring manager eased my nerves and allowed for me to be myself during the interview with her kind and personable demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience working in retail?   Answer Question
    • Do I have any customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • If there was a situation with a customer on the sales floor, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • In my opinion is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours. I was also able to negotiate the department I worked in.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

it was pretty easy, they asked basic questions like prev work/volunteer experience, do you think you'll fit in and senerio questions. Make sure to ask who ever is interviewing you questions because it definately makes them think you are enthusiastic about getting the job

Interview Questions

• prev work/volunteer experience, do you think you'll fit in and senerio questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Super easy. I filled out an application online, and got a call back to set up an interview a few days later. The manager asked a few questions about myself and my availability, and because I was 16 at the time, the manager concluded the interview with "well you gotta start somewhere and we'll be happy to start you here!" It seemed a little rushed, but it was the beginning of the holiday season and they really needed associates. Overall, it was a really easy and laid back interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

So easy, The interview took all of 15 minutes nd I got hired on the spot. The questions are the standard ones. the thing I think was the seller was that at the time I had open availability

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Carson, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was less than 10 minutes. I arrived 15 min early and started the interview 5 min later. Simple questions were asked and I got the job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I put in an application on the Sears website. Got a call maybe a week later asking if I wanted to do an interview and for me to bring my social security card and ID. A few questions into the interview the manager let me know they were looking for someone to close which was upsetting since that was not stated on the website or over the phone. I could not do late night hours at that location and I would have never put in an application if I had known prior.

During the interview the manager was nice. Got an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• How often can a person call out from work? Emergencies? Like what?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The whole interview was done in 10 minutes. I walked in, asked for the hiring manager, was asked a few questions, and they offered me a job. It was one on one, and very casual.