Knight Transportation Truck Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knight Transportation Truck Driver Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.2

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then bus ticket to the terminal. 3 day "class" (what a joke) drug test, road test, then here are your keys. Most of the time spent sitting waiting. Messing around in the computer.

Other Interview Reviews for Knight Transportation

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically looking your years experience and past employment. They provide transportation to the work site provide training and hotel and 100 dollars for training then put into a truck or with driver trainer.

Interview Questions

• If you have your cdl, miles driven, past employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

call 1800 etc. you will be asked about your experience,and they will have to verify it.next you will get a call back and if everything turned up ok,you will be told where to go for orientation.

Interview Questions

• you will be asked about your driving experience.and they will have to verify it.during orientation you will be drug tested and if you hold a CDL you will be road tested.permit drivers will be sent on for further training.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Get your class A and have a clean driving and criminal record and your hired. You will go out with a trainer for 4 weeks then be on your own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. If you qualify you will be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was via the internet. Then through telephone contact. Initial information was not consistent and I spent time doing unnecessary activities. Once Knight and I were on the same page the process was fairly fluid and quick. Depending on the area you want to work there are different requirements. Do not assume the person you are speaking with know who you are or where you plan to work. Make sure you remind them where you want to work and what type of driving you want to do.

Interview Questions

• Knight does not seem to be too picky about who they hire. Be prepared to discuss you recent OTR experience, work history and recent driving history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Very brief. Seemed willing to hire anyone with a class a cdl.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.