Knights of Columbus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knights of Columbus

Field Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Interview

Application, phone interview, credential/license check, Online tests (2 or 3), one on one interview, drug and background check. Prior to the final interview, I was asked to study and learn one product then sit with the hiring manager and do mock sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Are you a practical catholic?
      Are you currently licensed in insurance?
      Do you have any sales experience?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus in March 2015.

Interview

I have a pre-screen phone interview with one of their actuaries on staff. I first contacted a few actuaries by email and one of the most seniors arranged for a pre-screen phone chat.

Interview Questions

• - What are your career plans (becoming an ASA or FSA)?
      - What is your immigration status in the USA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Process was easy as each agency is run locally. Met with the General Agent in the office and he went through the resume and asked me questions about sales and interacting with people. Had to take an assessment online which tested if I was the right candidate for the position. Passed. Once hired I had a week to take my Life Agent exam for my license.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a member who is upset about an issue on his policy?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Interview

Applied online, had 2 phone interviews and in person interview

Interview Questions

• can't think of anything. Typical questions like strengths, weaknesses, experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process stressed that a field agent needed to be able to handle rejection and walk into the office every day feeling as if they were unemployed. You will be asked to do a drug test and personality test which will determine if you are a good fit for a commission-only job. Expect to have 4-5 interview meetings before coming on-board. Also, you will need to obtain your insurance producer license before being hired, which in NJ requires you to also take a course either in person or online.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about coming into work each day and feeling unemployed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation due to set

Field Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Interview

GA will interview you and your wife, but you must pass a personality test first.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Had to take a personality profile. General agent answered most questions for me or asked them in a leading way. Felt like they were looking to have a warm body and the general agent just needed to make his hiring quota. Just the usual sales related questions and very boring. refused to discuss contract until actually making offer and then expected signature on the spot.Do not try to high pressure sell a salesman

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work late hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set contract with draw. Draw payback schedule is not transparent

Field Agent Interview

Application

I interviewed at Knights of Columbus in January 2013.

Interview

General agent meets with you to see how well you will work for him. Then if he likes you, he will promise you everything under the sun to get you to work for him. I trusted him and he lied about so many things that I found were not true until I had already been into the job for a few months. This ultimately hurt me and my family for years. Keep in mind, the GA is a salesman just trying to get money out of you as that's what they were trained to do.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be your own boss and make as much money as you can based on how many hours and effort you put in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus (Kansas City, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

Typical insurance sales recruiting process. Involved my wife, met in my home in the evening, the GA was from another town a hour and half away. some the process was over the phone.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Knights of Columbus (New Haven, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

Called by hiring manager, set up in-person interview. Consisted of 2 rounds, in between they make you do a company analysis for a credit worthyness write-up. The interview is in front of pretty much the entire team so be ready for that. You really have to know your accounting if you're going to go for this job. I took 2 years of accounting in college and they were asking about concepts i've never even heard of.