Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear

IP Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Tested for typing speed, Microsoft Word and proof reading. Them spoke to someone in the Recruitment Department. My interview was interrupted by a fire drill! They were gracious and allowed me to continue. I am waiting to hear if I will be asked back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company that you are considering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I did not participate in a screener interview, I applied and went straight to the multi-attorney round of interviews with lunch. Overall it was a typical firm interview, although I must say everyone was very laid back and approachable.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard. Nine, 30-minute conversations and then a lunch with two associates. Generally nice interviews; no bad conversations or interactions. The lunch location was very tasty. Make sure to look at their client list before the interview.

Billing Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear.

Interview

First I completed a series of VERY BASIC pre-employment exams on a computer. Then the recruiter interviewed me and was, in my opinion, unprepared for the interview as she/he was unable to answer the most basic questions about the makeup of the department and position. Then I interviewed with the department head and again, in my opinion, she/he was also unprepared. She/he asked me a series of questions in which I was supposed to rank myself but nothing asked was specific to the job. Also, she/he did not maintain eye contact throughout the interview which lead to some awkward moments. Overall, I felt that I was too qualified for this position AND that they may have already chosen someone before interviewing me thus wasting everyone's time.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very casual. Knobbe is an IP firm and the questions focused on whether my interests focused on prosecution or litigation.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was quick and effective. Recruiter was very professional and a great communicator. Interview was relaxed. Spoke with the recruiter and department head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview took place on a law school campus after submitting a resume and writing sample through the on campus interview website. The interview itself lasted approximately 30 minutes and ended with little real information exchanges. It seemed like the interviewer was not actually interested in the interview and was just there to maintain a relationship with the law school.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• None. Almost every interview felt like a personal conversation   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Everything went smoothly and naturally. The interviewer was very nice. Despite being a phone interview, the interview felt more conversational than anything formal. Ultimately I would recommend the firm to anyone interested in patent law.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

All law firms hire the same way, through On Campus Interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this firm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations for law firm starting salaries.