Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear

Docketing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

This company is a joke. The entire interview was an hour long and a week till you heard back from them! I ended up not getting the job offer but I am still seeing their Ad posts on Craigslist, one of them being for the position I applied for. Seriously don’t waste your time with this company. They knit pick at everything and get rid of people so easily

Interview Questions

• God knows how many questions they asked me. After I was done I met with the main supervisor of the role I applied for and more questions where being asked!!   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear.

Interview

After an initial phone discussion with HR, I had a second phone interview with a partner and HR. Next, I was invited for an onsite interview. Location was nice, people were generally pleasant. However, it was apparent that a few interviewers hadn't reviewed my background. This was unfortunate as I did prepare and felt that I knew more about them than they did of me. Also, there were multiple technical breakdowns during certain interviews held via a Skype-like software. Both factors made the experience poor, I've had interviews where the potential employer showed me respect and camaraderie as I walked through the door.

Obvious red-flags I noticed were 1) to become a partner, one needs to bring in business, yet you don't get concrete credit for business which goes to another attorney. 2) The chemistry among lawyers seemed stale rather than a team environment.

Good points I learned of: 1) A Summer Associate has opportunities to work with multiple leaders and multiple projects. 2) The billable requirement appeared to be geared towards a work/life balance. 3) The firm is interested in Attorney's (apparently at all levels) building a client portfolio beyond existing clients.

IP Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Tested for typing speed, Microsoft Word and proof reading. Them spoke to someone in the Recruitment Department. My interview was interrupted by a fire drill! They were gracious and allowed me to continue. I am waiting to hear if I will be asked back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company that you are considering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I did not participate in a screener interview, I applied and went straight to the multi-attorney round of interviews with lunch. Overall it was a typical firm interview, although I must say everyone was very laid back and approachable.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard. Nine, 30-minute conversations and then a lunch with two associates. Generally nice interviews; no bad conversations or interactions. The lunch location was very tasty. Make sure to look at their client list before the interview.

Billing Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear.

Interview

First I completed a series of VERY BASIC pre-employment exams on a computer. Then the recruiter interviewed me and was, in my opinion, unprepared for the interview as she/he was unable to answer the most basic questions about the makeup of the department and position. Then I interviewed with the department head and again, in my opinion, she/he was also unprepared. She/he asked me a series of questions in which I was supposed to rank myself but nothing asked was specific to the job. Also, she/he did not maintain eye contact throughout the interview which lead to some awkward moments. Overall, I felt that I was too qualified for this position AND that they may have already chosen someone before interviewing me thus wasting everyone's time.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very casual. Knobbe is an IP firm and the questions focused on whether my interests focused on prosecution or litigation.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was quick and effective. Recruiter was very professional and a great communicator. Interview was relaxed. Spoke with the recruiter and department head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview took place on a law school campus after submitting a resume and writing sample through the on campus interview website. The interview itself lasted approximately 30 minutes and ended with little real information exchanges. It seemed like the interviewer was not actually interested in the interview and was just there to maintain a relationship with the law school.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• None. Almost every interview felt like a personal conversation   Answer Question