Knott's Berry Farm Ride Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knott's Berry Farm Ride Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at Knott's Berry Farm

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

First day I filled an application and same day was asked for a second interview,
Second interview was a group interview with 2 managers, Me and another person who were called and were hired.

Interview Questions

• What is Integrity to you?
    What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I start at $8 no negotiation but $12 an hour on overtime

Other Interview Reviews for Knott's Berry Farm

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm.

Interview

I had the one on one interview and at the end she told me write down my email address. From what reading people that passes the first interview get a 2nd interview scheduled. The last days they would email me...

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after a few weeks I went in for a screening interview. You go inside the Employment Center and sign in your name and wait until they call you. I didn't wait that long and was asked if I had any tattoos or piercings, then scheduled for a group interview the following week. Went to my scheduled interview and was interviewed with two others, all of us were applying to be ride operators. I made sure to smile a lot and let them know that I really wanted the job, I also emphasized how much I enjoy being a team player and being in a team. We all were asked a series of questions and also our availability. Afterwards, we were escorted to a waiting room and I was called last out of the three of us. I was offered the job and signed a few papers and was told instructions on what other paperwork I needed to fill out. The overall experience was easy and pleasant and my interviewer was a really nice guy. I look forward to working at Knotts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure to smile a lot and make them know you really want the job. Eye contact is key and make sure to shake the interviewer's hand before and after the interview while thanking them. Conduct yourself in a professional yet friendly manner.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm in April 2015.

Interview

Have to apply in person, someone calls you to make sure you don't have tattoos piercings etc then asks situation question about safety. Then you wait for the real interview which is a group interview by two recruiters who aren't excited to interview you. I answered everything professionally and happy with a great smile, overall did the best among the group but I still didn't get the job, was told that I answered everything very great but since Knotts is a family park they want extra cheery and LOTs of enthusiasm. You could do a good or bad job but you literally need to get super excited about working there during the interview or you won't get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you've accomplished that you're proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process Was Easy This Was My Second Interview And It Was Horrible I Answered All The Questions With The Correct Answers But I Guess That Wasn't The Case I Knott's Berry Farm Racist In My Opinion That Lady Didn't Like Me My Interview Was A Group Interview With Only Two People I Still Didn't Get The Job Screw Knott's Berry Farm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

applied in person, a supervisor collects the application and asks if you have any visible tattoos, i dont remember what else, then gives you an interview date. group interviews, pretty simple

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm.

Interview

It was easy 2 interviews and mainly easy questions. Most of the interviewers don't really know what they are doing and they don't suggest the right job for you. They drug test you for critical positions like ride operator.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm.

Interview

Applied in person. They weren't hiring for my first choice and I scheduled a group interview for the next day. There were two interviewers and they asked us mostly the same questions. Afterward we were sent to wait in a different room. They've been known to hire people on the spot, but they called me in and said they were waiting to see other candidates before making a decision. Really unprofessional in my opinion -- if they already know whether they want to hire you or not, they should just tell you upfront. I got my rejection on a postcard in the mail a week later. Not really sure what they're looking for because I've been to much harder interviews where I've received offers.

Interview Questions

• What would you say over the microphone to guests on your ride?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm in December 2014.

Interview

The process is pretty easy, one thing I did was I printed out the application and filled it out at home. Once I arrived to the Employee Center (Always dress business causal because sometimes they have same day interviews) I turned in my application and was asked to wait outside while it was reviewed, it took about 5 minutes. I was called in and was asked if I had any tattoos, and why I picked the position I did. I then had to make another appointment for an interview.

The actual interview was a group interview (about 2 others not including yourself) the interviewer asked about 5 questions, after she escorted us to another room where we waited to be called in one by one to find out if we got the job or not. I was the last one called in and I was told that I was hired and was asked if I had time to fill out paperwork (make sure you are always prepared and you have a pen on you even though they ask if you need a pen but it is better to look prepared) the paperwork took about 15 minutes and since Knotts is a drug-free theme park it is more than likely you will have to take a drug test (you have 24 hrs to take the test). On top of that they give you more paperwork that you need to fill out at home, and bring back once they call after they receive the results of the background check and the drug test.

Interview Questions

• It was your basic interview questions:

How did you hear of knotts, and why did you apply?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Knott's Berry Farm.

Interview

Walk in to turn in your job app, then you will be told to be seated. Within a few moments you will be called back for a 2 question interview, then you will have to schedule another interview. Come back on your next interview day and usually they're supposed to have multiple people interviewing you in a group interview, but luckily for me, it was just one on one. My interviewer asked me about 5 or 6 questions and then at the end he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one goal that you set for yourself, that you achieved ?   Answer Question