Knowledgent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Knowledgent

2.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with consultant after initial screening by recruiter. Call with the recruiter was about 20 minutes, interview with the consultant took about 45 minutes. Asked questions about my experience/background, academic research, technical skills, statistical skills, and what I was looking for professionally. Interviewer was relaxed and polite.

Interview Questions

• Asked very technical statistical questions about my academic research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiting process was awful across the board. I'm happy at my current job but thought the company sounded interesting, so continued speaking with a recruiter. Shortly after the new year, the recruiter reached back out offering to connect me with one of their senior data scientists, which I had asked for in order to get a feel for the day-to-day working there. Was expecting a casual, open conversation to get a few questions of mine answered. What happened was an interview ambush, for lack of a better term, and not a behavioral one. I was asked some pretty technical questions that I had no preparation for (seeing as I was not told it was an interview, and it was not even implied that this was an interview beforehand). I have a good amount of technical education and training and could have answered more of those questions intelligently had I had time to prepare. Have not heard from anyone at Knowledgent since. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions I did not have a chance to review and prepare for.   1 Answer

Informationist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Knowledgent in January 2018.

Interview

All interviews were over the phone. First conversation was with the recruiter, followed by a leaders of the internal competencies and concluded with a PM for an active project. Questions largely revolved around past project experience and the type of role I saw myself playing on projects. I asked a lot of questions as well around the types of engagements they encountered and internal opportunities for growth.

Interview Questions

• Describe the your background - what types of work you've done to date.   Answer Question
    • Describe the type of role you see yourself filling here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had a phone interview with the recruiter who talked the majority of the time. The recruiter was also consistently late. He would would ask me for times I was available to speak, schedule a conversation then contact me 30-60 minutes after the scheduled time. Recruiter then set up a phone interview the was brought in for an in-office interview where I waited 30 minutes past the scheduled time before being brought in for a three round interview. Recruiter called the next day (Friday) to tell me I should be expecting paper a paper offer earlier the next week for a six figure salary. I reach out after about two weeks of not receiving anything only to be told "we are still on track." I reached out a second time with no response. They completely ghosted. Not too upset as i probably would have decline the offer but was incredibly disappointed at the lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• The people interviewing talked for majority of the time leaving little opportunity for an actual interview to occur.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Promised the earth and the moon if I would interview. Met with several people after a phone interview. Everything seemed rushed and I was pressured to cancel personal commitments to be available for interviews that they then cancelled. Talked with some people around systems architecture who had no idea. Others asked inappropriate questions and left me uncomfortable with the culture. Did not interview with one woman - all men over 40.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Interview process went hot and cold without any explanation. Apparently, it was directly related to the project that I was to go on. This was at odd's with them telling me I was being hired to the company and not a project. Talked to way to many people and was told a bunch of stuff that was inconsistent with previous interviewers. The entire process was a mess... no respect for a candidates time and several people were just asking questions without ever having seen my resume... a shambles..

Interview Questions

• None - they were either desperate to hire me or totally uninterested. It changed like the weather...   Answer Question

Reputation for how they treat their employees is terrible.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent in January 2015.

Interview

A real mess. I was found by a recruiter on linked in and then did a round of phone interviews and then an in person lunch with a group of people that were more concerned about their lunch then my background. I did not hear anything for 2 weeks and then put in touch for another round of phone interviews that led to a decision that their was not a fit. It does not sound like a real consulting firm that need expertise in various areas but a placement firm that only needs people for a specific role. Please be very, very suspicious when interviewing with these people. Very shoddy process.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (Warren, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The manager asked a few simple questions about my experiences, then we scheduled a time for me to come in to meet the team. The in-person interview was only 30 minutes and we mostly went over the job description and how some of my skills matched up. The whole process was fairly quick and no trick questions, just a casual conversation. Pretty great experience overall.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Not an enjoyable process- the bad reviews on glassdoor are spot on. Spoke to one of the leads of the data practise and his tone/attitude was quite condescending. Lost interest in working there right away. Prior to that convo, The HR lady tried her best to defend the negative reviews on glassdoor that I brought up with her but didn't quite convince me. I had two rounds - one was with the head of a department that went well and that guy was quite nice too. Then I was scheduled to speak with a technical lead who was just overly obsessed with technical depth (hello this is a consulting company!) and he clearly did not belong to a consulting organization - I will not name him here for professional reasons but his tone and attitude was as if he looked down on anyone that is not a tech nerd in one software. I knew this is a bit of a tech body shop rightaway where they are looking for someone who they can place as an "Expert" in some software that will not be cool in six months and they will let you go. Not a good consulting company so if you are an allround rockstar and not a tech geek, stay away.

Interview Questions

• explain which version of informatica did you use   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowledgent (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick to hire in order to fit an existing project. Little to no thought went into whether I would be suitable for the company long term. The hire was purely for immediate need. Person running interview process had no idea about the vertical in which i would be working. Very unorganized process.

Interview Questions

• honestly, there really was not any difficulty to the interview. they went over my background and determined that i would be able to step into an existing project and do the job that was required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existant