Kobre & Kim Legal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kobre & Kim Legal Interview Questions

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview with two current legal analysts. Interview was primarily behavioral - asked questions about leadership, experience meeting deadlines, interest in law. Interview took place in University. Both analysts were very friendly and turned the interview into more of a conversation than an intimidating process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you took initiative?
      Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two current legal analysts. They struck me pretty poorly-prepared and disorganized. About 2/3 of the way through the interview, it felt like they were just thinking of questions off the tops of their heads. They were, however, very kind and pretty easy to talk to.

Questions were largely generic: what did I like about the firm, what makes me a good candidate for the firm, name a time I have had to deal with a problem on a team, etc. They asked a couple questions about familiarity with financial data and legal knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you have learned in college?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with representing a client that you believe is guilty/has done something you believe is immoral?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to go to law school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY).

Interview

I was quickly contacted for an interview on campus after I applied. Following this, I was asked to select the regional office I was more interested in (DC or NY) and then invited for a series of interviews and lunch. Everyone was friendly and open about their experiences with the firm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my independent research at my university and to "teach them" about one subject.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's campus recruiting. They scheduled an interview very quickly, and then brought me to the New York office for a second interview a few weeks later. Both interviews were conducted entirely by other analysts, which I found a little surprising, but not unpleasantly so! Everyone I met was very sharp and welcoming.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career services and was accepted for a first-round interview on campus. The interview was very straightforward, with two analysts asking me questions for thirty minutes. We walked through my resume and they asked about relevant work experience. There was one question about my writing sample. At the end, they asked a couple behavioral questions about how I worked on a team, how I handled failure, and how I would feel about defending disreputable corporate clients. Overall, a very friendly interview that would be manageable with some light preparation.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about an experience when you didn't get along with a coworker? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted at a school event. It was alright. They asked standard questions. I felt a bit uncomfortable by some of the jokes made in the interview. I realized the financial sector of law isn't my cup of tea.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

I had a wonderful interview experience -- all parties were respectful and professional. None of the questions asked were unexpected. They seemed genuinely interested in better understanding my resume and my experiences. The interviewers were very willing to answer any questions, and got back to me about my application status within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

First round through college career center

Legal and Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

Was asked to interview only two days after submitted application on linkedin. The interview was just a thirty minutes with two other analysts. The questions were fairly basic behavioral or background questions, but the interviewers were not particularly engaging. They seemed more interested in stock answers than creative or original thinking. They also failed to give a very complete picture of their job. The reality, I think, is that this position is just a glorified paralegal job. Don't be fooled.

More importantly, I never heard any response or feedback from them. I found that to be rude and classless, and I know that I would not want to work for Kobre and Kim if it treats its prospective employees in such a disrespectful manner.

Financial & Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in February 2013.

Interview

Received email from office about acceptance for interview. Set up phone interview over email. Were clear and nice about the scheduling.
    Interviewers called at appointed time, began conversation. Were not too engaging. Seemed to guide you if your answer was not what they were looking for.
    Very focused questions. Quizzed you about everything on your resume. Would need more than the standard interview prep to ace this interview - will ask for 3 instances when you encountered a challenge working in a group instead of the usual 1 or 2.
    Did not share much about the process post-interview, which was a little sad. Ultimately, didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Resume specific question: How did you manage $20k+ event budget?
      *more unexpected than diffcult   Answer Question