Koch Industries Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Koch Industries Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.3

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well organized. The interview itself was more like a conversation which took the pressure off. The first round of the interview process was to determine if the candidate will be a good fit for the company. The second interview consists of four individual interviews with management members.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Koch Industries

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Difficult. Felt like they were trying to trip me up and make me stumble and look stupid. They one on one interview was enjoyable but the on campus interview was not. They made me sit in the same room for three hours and brought in a bunch of different employees to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about mark to market accounting?   1 Answer

Koch Industries Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. Our process is based on behavioral interviewing. This method allows candidates to share specific situations of an issue, his or her response ... More

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

takes a long time.. do phone interview.. do on site interview with four different managers... do call back interview...

Interview Questions

• All questions are situation, behavior, outcome questions.. be prepared to have specific examples   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

On campus interview was all about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed and what your reaction was   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then was invited for a company visit. Company visit consisted of a welcome dinner folled by two interviews the next day.

Interview Questions

The company is very successful but the people didn't seem particularly happy or personable. They gave off a almost brainwashed vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

Very comfortable setting. All behavioral type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

In my experience, I applied for the position online and received a phone call within a few days. The phone call was to schedule a phone interview or have it then if I was available and I was. The call was approximately forty-five minutes long and covered a high level of skills and experience. After that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Upon arrival, I met with 4 or 5 current employees for around thirty minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you have experienced where you had made a decision but were overruled but your decision turned out to be ther right one and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate vacation time.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

It took several weeks after applying to them, to hear anything back. First interview was a phone interview very informal, went over the information in my resume, and they asked a few simple questions of me regarding my work experience, and the type of work I enjoyed doing. At the end they asked if I had any questions, and after that, they said they would get back with me in a week or so, to see how they wanted to proceed.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process takes half a day. If you have a morning interview, your last interview will be a lunch interview. Generally, you will interview with 6 people. All of them ask you very similar questions, although each person is looking for different pieces of information. From what I could tell, most of the questions came from a list I found on monster.com. If you prepare well, the interview is not very difficult. If you do not prepare well, you will have a very hard time.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I overprepared for the interview and I wasn't suprised by any of the questions. They were from monster.com.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The last person you speak to during the interview is the recruiter. They ask you salary requirements and other requirements. The offer I was given was a lot more than I even wanted, so I didn't ask for more.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Alot of situational questions
    Panel interview.
    Two rounds of interviews.
    Only about two weeks withing interview.
    They allow staff you would be working with to interview you . So not only senior management does the interview.
    Were quite professional.
    You need to come across as very confident.
    There was a skills test, testing basic accounting. Surprisingly many people fail it.
    Make sure to write your name at the top of the test paper.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer