Koch Industries Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks. It started out with a simple phone interview and after a two week break I was invited to an on site interview with several tax managers. One week later I received my offer to join.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions and how you would specifically tackle challenges   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with Tax Director, then on-site interview with 5 members of the department (one-on-one). Interview questions were standard - some behavioral, some about past work experiences. Each person seemed to be assigned two core values to ask about, so read up on those beforehand so you have some relevant experiences in mind.

From the initial phone screen to the job offer, it took about 3 weeks in total. Fastest turn-around I have ever experienced! If they want you, they aren't going to waste time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were wrong? (speaks to core value of humility)
      How you find fulfillment in your work? (speaks to core value of fulfillment)   Answer Question

SAP Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. The first was a hour-long phone interview. Which was all behavioral based question. Its was a lot for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview then was the on-site interview which was 10 time more difficult. They printed a page of question of behavioral based question to ask. I have been through many interview and I would have to say for an internship I think this has to be the most difficult interview I have been in. They want to know how you work not how you interact with people. The have a culture based around MBM which is weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you changed a process?
      Tell me about challenge task?
      Competing projects?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews and two in-person interview days for me. They generally used behavior based questions. There are no trick questions, everything is pretty straight forward. Interviewers across the board are respectful and friendly. Culture fit is a big focus. Humility and respect are two things they are looking for, so interviewees need to toe the line between answering questions with confidence highlighting achievements without coming across as arrogant. Be prepared to be interviewed by many folks with some of the same questions being asked by multiple interviewers. The duplication of questions isn't intentional, but it shows that the company is focused on certain areas. The interviewers also spent some time trying to sell me on the company, which I viewed favorably. I had been interviewing a bit at the time, and one of my annoyances were interviewers that acted as if the job they had was a gift they were going to bestow rather than a partnership. Koch acted more like they were looking for win-win situations. I enjoyed the entire process.

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by their campus recruiter and invited back to do an on-site interview. I was interviewed by the project manager, the head of IT, and by the CFO. They where very friendly and made me feel very relaxed. The on-site interview took a total of an hour and a half with back to back 30 minute interviews.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Situation, behavior, outcome based - they follow the book.
    HR, Managers and directors conduct the interviews.
    Most of the time they make you comfortable and relaxed.
    Office visits are offered, phone interviews and face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when..., what did you do, what was the outcome, what did you learn   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bad place to work.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

tough, very tough, but effective. interviewers ask questions designed to see if a resource will admit to understanding that everyone needs improvement. 1.5 hours phone screen, 5 hour in person , panel interview

Interview Questions

• situational questions, designed at understanding a candidates integrity   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and multiple in office interviews in Atlanta. I was given my interview instructions via email and I received a phone call when offered the job. The interview was a panel of managers and my co workers who conducted my interview. I was asked for provide examples to the questions I answered. The interview lasted about 1-2 hours

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in June 2016. I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2015

Interview Questions

• The interview process begins with a phone screen, and if you are advanced, it progresses to a total of five, 45 minute on site interviews. Following a brief small talk session most of the interview questions are focused on detailed descriptions of your past behavior in specific situations.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, one set of interviews took 3 hours!
    It's very much Situation, Behavior, Outcome; you tell them stories the whole time. They want to know how you reacted in certain situations, what your behavior was, and the ultimate outcome. This is basically a pre-screening test of their MBM strategy/corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an argument with upper management and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you came up with a creative solution to an issue?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you were in an argument with a peer, they were correct, and how you responded?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A I took what was given