Koch Industries Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

3.2

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with Tax Director, then on-site interview with 5 members of the department (one-on-one). Interview questions were standard - some behavioral, some about past work experiences. Each person seemed to be assigned two core values to ask about, so read up on those beforehand so you have some relevant experiences in mind.

From the initial phone screen to the job offer, it took about 3 weeks in total. Fastest turn-around I have ever experienced! If they want you, they aren't going to waste time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were wrong? (speaks to core value of humility)
      How you find fulfillment in your work? (speaks to core value of fulfillment)

SAP Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. The first was a hour-long phone interview. Which was all behavioral based question. Its was a lot for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview then was the on-site interview which was 10 time more difficult. They printed a page of question of behavioral based question to ask. I have been through many interview and I would have to say for an internship I think this has to be the most difficult interview I have been in. They want to know how you work not how you interact with people. The have a culture based around MBM which is weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you changed a process?
      Tell me about challenge task?
      Competing projects?

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by their campus recruiter and invited back to do an on-site interview. I was interviewed by the project manager, the head of IT, and by the CFO. They where very friendly and made me feel very relaxed. The on-site interview took a total of an hour and a half with back to back 30 minute interviews.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Situation, behavior, outcome based - they follow the book.
    HR, Managers and directors conduct the interviews.
    Most of the time they make you comfortable and relaxed.
    Office visits are offered, phone interviews and face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when..., what did you do, what was the outcome, what did you learn   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bad place to work.

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and multiple in office interviews in Atlanta. I was given my interview instructions via email and I received a phone call when offered the job. The interview was a panel of managers and my co workers who conducted my interview. I was asked for provide examples to the questions I answered. The interview lasted about 1-2 hours

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in June 2016. I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2015

Interview Questions

• The interview process begins with a phone screen, and if you are advanced, it progresses to a total of five, 45 minute on site interviews. Following a brief small talk session most of the interview questions are focused on detailed descriptions of your past behavior in specific situations.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, one set of interviews took 3 hours!
    It's very much Situation, Behavior, Outcome; you tell them stories the whole time. They want to know how you reacted in certain situations, what your behavior was, and the ultimate outcome. This is basically a pre-screening test of their MBM strategy/corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an argument with upper management and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you came up with a creative solution to an issue?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you were in an argument with a peer, they were correct, and how you responded?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A I took what was given

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with a couple associates at a career fair. They were friendly, talkative, and informative. I emailed them afterwards to thank them for their time, and they invited me to officially apply. Sent them my resume and transcript, then they emailed me for a phone interview. It was a basic behavioral interview with maybe 7 or 8 questions. I passed that round and they brought me in for an in office interview. They showed me around the office a little bit and then I had two interviews. The first interview was a behavioral with two people (one senior analyst and one manager), with some focus on my resume and a good bit of talking on their part. It felt like they were trying to sell me on their company as I was trying to sell myself (and I mean that in a good way). After that I went to another interview with a manager. This interview was much less formal. There may have been one or two behavioral questions but for the most part we talked about my resume and he responded to questions I had about the company and the economy. A couple weeks later they called me to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• A few times they pointed out items on my resume and said Can you tell me more about this? or What was the most valuable thing you learned from that experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was mainly after the experience, not the money.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very long and tedious. The interview took 4 hours with 3 different individuals. All of the questions were situational. The HR department will also speak with you prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through the Koch website in late November. In January, I was contacted by a person in HR to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was with a person in HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. About three weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Koch paid for all of my travel expenses and put my up in a hotel room the night before my interview. They even offered to rent me a car. The interview was blitz style, meeting with a tax manager for 30 minutes, followed by a senior tax manager for 30 minutes, and then a recruiter via phone for 10 minutes.

All interviewers asked me about my background, how I had found the job posting, why I wanted to work for Koch, and a LOT of behavioral questions. In the in-person interview I also spent a significant amount of time discussing my resume and the classes I had taken. They expect you to answer the behavior questions using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. I prepared by researching list of behavioral questions and preparing responses. If you prepare, the questions are not terribly difficult. The whole process was fairly low pressure and everyone I spoke with was incredibly friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Example questions:
      "Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and you felt strongly about going one direction but the group went another direction and you were right."

"What is you biggest strength? Weakness?"

"Tell me about a time you failed."

"How would you deliver bad news?"

"Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person."
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Their offer was more than I expected and included a relocation bonus.