Koch Industries Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Koch Industries Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university and received an on campus interview. Received a call a few days later for an on site interview. Interviewers were very nice and helpful. Everyone seemed to share the same values that the company is based around.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you thought you did not receive the recognition that you thought you should have.   Answer Question
  • Explain a time you saw a process and came up with a better way to do it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Koch Industries

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First round interview: on campus, about 30 min. The interviewer asked questions about my resume, then moved on to simple behavior-based questions.

The second round took place at John Zink and included a plant tour and lunch. There were three consecutive interviews each last 45 minutes with 2 interviewers in each interview. The questions were slightly tougher behavior based questions, with a emphasis on demonstrating how you live out the Koch Industries Guiding Principles in your life. There were also questions regarding which section of John Zink you would like to work (I.e. Flares, burners, etc.) and your plans for the future.

Overall, everyone at John Zink was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or supervisor. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever let someone copy your homework?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group project you have worked on. What was the group dynamic? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiation. However, if you do not live in Tulsa normally (or are a student who would have to pay extra to stay in Tulsa over the summer), you can ask for their relocation signing bonus, which is $1000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Campus, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

First they ask about yourself. Then they picked 3-4 behavioural questions from a question bank. After that, they ask you about what your preferences are for the internship and what other questions you have for the company.

Interview Questions

• "talk about a time where you solved a problem"   Answer Question
    • "talk about a time where you went with a team's decision while you have your own separate idea"   Answer Question
    • "talk about a time when you persuade someone about an idea you have"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I interviewed at Koch Industries in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was very structured. Behavioral questions combined with technical questions. There was a panel of engineers from different backgrounds. The type of engineer that matches the type of job you are looking for will ask the technical questions, and the others will ask the behavioral questions. Hiring is based on technical aptitude and alignment with company's core values.

Interview Questions

• There was a technical question regarding a class I had not yet taken. Interviewers wanted to see how I would go about solving a problem that I did not yet have the knowledge to solve.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked to Koch representative at a college career fair and also applied on the company website. The university also lets you sign up for on campus interviews, so I signed up and was given an interview. We discussed what I was interested in at the campus interview, and later I was given an on site interview with one of their subsidiaries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did something for someone that wasn't your responsibility.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

The interview is pretty standard, it takes about 6 hours. The people are the manager and the colleagues to work in future. The questions typical standard behavior questions. If one employer asked one time, you ask your interviewer to ask different one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in November 2009.

Interview

Contacted by the company very quickly after submitting application and received a phone interview quickly. Excellent interview by appropriate personnel with detailed questions about my work history, skills and knowledge. Have received an offer to interview in person with all arrangements taken care of by human resources.

Interview Questions

• What has been your response to suggestions and questions about your work in the past?   1 Answer
    • Could you explain your work history to us?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Got an phone call to directly go to onsite. Went through tours to its manufacturing plant and test center first, then interviewed by department manager and other directors. Came back and got another phone interview last Tuesday. Still waiting for any contact, hope will be contacted.